CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
Kevin Mack

Profile:
Forging elitist fitness (in a good way)

So I was at the gym today, right around rush hour. Just walking around the gym I couldn't help smiling (almost laughing) at what a lot of guys were doing for their "workout". I wasn't smiling because they were doing stupid stuff (like the guy doing the pec dec...about 25% ROM...with gloves on...skinny guy, almost no weight), or because they had very little intensity (like the guys doing bench press), or because they were doing "beach workouts" like the guy tethered to the dumbell rack. I was smiling because a year ago I was doing the exact same thing. At that point I began to shift my workouts to better lifts, like pullups and deadlifts, but still basically a BB routine. 6 months ago I started CFing kind of casually. 2 months ago I started CFing seriously. More than my physique or my performance, my mentality has changed. Yeah I laugh at the guys wasting their time, but I also talk crossfit to anyone who'll listen. I like when people see my workouts and look at me like I'm half crazy. I like seeing someone setting up a 95lb bar in front of the pullup bar and the look of recognition when I ask him "You getting ready to do Fran?" Anybody else have these experiences when working out in a conventional gym?