CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:18 AM   #1
Jon Matzner

Profile:  
I am interested in starting a CF training group based out of my school, UPENN in Philadelphia PA. As a preface, I have no crossfit certs or any instruction other than what I read here. The goal would be to just get a small group together who would train together/swap ideas etc. There is a possibility that it could get recognized in some informal/semiformal capacity by the school. Does this infringe on the affiliate concept? I don't want to rob any business from the guys out at Crossfit Philly- that certainly seems unfair. At the same time, I would be an informal leader, participant, and no money would be involved for me or anyone else. The workouts would be either outdoors or in our school's gym. I am not sure where the line is drawn between affiliate and informal training group..... any ideas, past guidelines, or rules to follow? The last thing I want to do is take something that clearly isn't mine.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Contact Nicole (nicole@crossfit.com).
Old 06-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
Craig Howard

Profile:
You're a good man, Jon, for posting your intentions. I think a training group is an awesome idea. I can't imagine any reason why anyone would object, unless you started to charge money.

We have several informal groups in the local area here in Contra Costa County and sometimes they stop in our place for a wod and technique refresher. The message board is littered with individuals looking for others to share wods.

Good luck.