CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
Eric Reyelt

Profile:
Crossfit affiliate in a commercial gym

Hello,

I have owned and operated a commercial gym pretty much all my life, about a year ago I found Crossfit and fell in love, recently got Level 1 certified and I was thinking of being a affiliate, dose anyone know of any run out of this type environment? Its a harder edge gym, mostly bodybuilder and fitness enthusiasts, its not a Planet Fitness or nothing, but the setup is not great for Crossfit (things are on different floors,ect). Any suggestions, feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Eric
Old 04-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Nicolas Scott Gruber

Profile:
Re: Crossfit affiliate in a commercial gym

A gym near me just has a separate room for CrossFit with pretty much all the standard CrossFit gear. They require that you attend a CrossFit basics course to use the room and do the workouts posted on the white board, and there are a couple trainers that lead classes 2-3 times per week for free membership. It's actually a pretty decent set-up.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
Jesse Gray

Profile:

I work as an occasional substitute trainer in a globoish gym here in Davis, DAC Crossfit (WFS). The Crossfit box is set up in a converted racquetball court and is pretty quality. It's located in the back of the gym and we're out of the way of the regular folks for the most part. There are some nice things about the location, we have a steam room and a sauna, full locker room, swimming pools, basketball court, indoor soccer field, etc. all the fun extra stuff you don't normally get at a box. Go to the site and send an email to either Connor or Jean, they're the people in charge and can answer some questions for you.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #4
Greg Light

Profile:

You can contact Joe Cebulski on here. He has something like that out of a globo in Grand Rapids Michigan. Nice setup.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
Jeremiah Williams

Profile:

I don't get on the message board much, but your welcome to call or email me if you have any questions. I sublet from a large gym. I'd be happy to share my experience with you thus far.