CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #31
Steve Liberati

Profile:
Re: Paleo Kits vs Primal Pacs ?

Barry, thanks for the review.

Is it safe to assume that the owner of Primal Pacs asked you to comment here? I see it is your first post on the CrossFit message board and you are from Seattle, Washington where Primal pacs is located. And Matt is a friend of yours on Facebook.

Regardless, when was the last time you had a PaleoKit?

We have changed our recipe over the years since we made the first one and I can guarantee the one you ate then is not the same as a PaleoKit today (especially since you mentioned that our spices are strong).

Last edited by Steve Liberati : 03-22-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #32
Jason Bentz

Profile:

+1 for Paleokits. I was originally kind of ticked off, when I bought my first order (rather large order, for me, $300+), and then two days later, he had a sale, I think it was 15% off...so as I'm sure you all could imagine, that is why I was ticked off. I contacted Steve about it, and he wouldn't budge, said the sale started when it did, and he wouldn't honor an order placed before then.

After I stewed for a day or two, I of course, browsed his web site, and my frustration slowly diminished, as I saw what was being done with the proceeds. I finally reasoned in my mind, that my 15% went to help those kids, and would be better used by them, than me.

On another note, I was also trying something for the first time, and ended up not liking it (completely different taste, compared to what I was used to). Even though it was a couple months later, I contacted Steve, and he was willing to work out a deal with me to get me what I wanted.

I still haven't placed my next order yet, but am about to do so in the next few days (need to try some PaleoCrack). I will always be a customer after that kind of service, and knowing where some of my money is going, not to mention, Steve's first post in this thread.

Thanks for a great product, and what you do for your community, Steve.

(Oh, and I'm not Facebook friends with Steve, nor do I live near Steve, but I have "Liked" the Facebook page, LOL.)
Old 05-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #33
Michael Towne

Profile:

My gym bought a bulk order of Primal Pacs (100). Much to my dismay the mango was sickly sweet and obviously sugar coated. I have eaten a lot of unsweetened dry mango in my day. My suspicion was pretty easily confirmed by the fact that our order was shipped in a bulk mango box (oops!).

Here is a video of the box our order came in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaXiyVyoCTs

Using the info on the box I found the importer (notice the stamp on the box): http://tropicon.com/

We emailed Matt at Primal Pacs about the mango and he responded promptly (about 3 hours) and said they were no sugar added "to the best of his knowledge". Hrm, not good enough. When I pressed for a refund I didn't hear back.

In the meantime I got the data sheet from the importer: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...YWayHeVBdw/pub

Ingredients: Mango, Sugar, Citric Acid

In short, this is a dishonest company. I wouldn't trust the sugar content on the label either...

After six days (and after my going public with this info) I heard back from Matt about my refund request and he said we could return the product for a refund minus a "20% restocking fee". Ha!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #34
Justin McCloud

Profile:

I'm new to Crossfit, but have had experience with Paleo/Primal for several years. I absolutely loved Steve's products! To date, I have tried:

PaleoKrunch - I initially ordered a single serving of coconut flavored and it was DELICIOUS! It's definitely addicting. I don't actually eat them as cereal, but I use them as a snack when I'm craving something sweet after dinner or between meals. I recently ordered the big variety pack that contains the various flavors and they're all just as good. I actually had the Bacon flavored bar this morning and it was awesome. I will absolutely continue ordering these products. I do wish that the chunks were bigger in the cereal to be more accommodating for eating it like I do - sometimes they're smaller and sometimes bigger.

PrimalStix - I really liked primal jerky, but I unfortunately put it in a canister thinking it would hold up and several days later I opened it to find it had gone bad. I only got to try one stick, but it was super good.

PaleoCHEF - This stuff is top notch. I'm 100% confident saying this is my favorite salad dressing, period. I use the Peach BBQ as a barbeque sauce with my grilled chicken. I use the Ginger Cilantro, Tomato Balsamic, and Maple Mustard for salad dressing. The ingredient list is all-natural and the flavor beats anything you can get at the local grocery store - at nearly the same price.

This is all I've tried so far. I'm new to the board so I have never seen the discount promo, but when I do I'll be ordering the PaleoChef in bulk. I also appreciate what Steve is doing with his foundation - that makes it a lot easier to pay a premium price for these products. I spent an hour or so in Camden, NJ and am thrilled to hear you're helping those folks out. It was a very dreary place that I honestly wouldn't return to, but obviously love that the kids are getting assistance from a company like Steve's.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #35
Michelle Stafford

Profile:

Steve,

Let me tell you that I LOVE your product!!!! Quality customer service, quality product and from the heart, which comes through with every package. So keep doing what your doing, you have the support of many

Michelle
Old 05-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #36
Steve Liberati

Profile:

Thanks for the great feedback, Justin and Michelle! We're very grateful to serve the CF community and have such awesome customers to help support our program. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #37
Chris L Rice

Profile:

I haven't tried the Primal Pacs, but was lured in to the Paleo Kit booth this weekend at the NorCal Crossfit Regionals. I had heard about Paleo Kits, but hadn't ordered any due to what I viewed as high prices. After tasting multiple jerkys, bars, and Krunch I can say that you get what you pay for. Excellent, high quality product, very tasty and will be ordering more!

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #38
Steve Liberati

Profile:

Thanks Chris! Great to hear you enjoyed our products.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #39
Steve Liberati

Profile:

A customer recently forwarded us the below email exchange she had with the owner of PP....read his response when the customer politely requests to cancel her order. Not only does he lie about the nutritional facts on his products (as evidenced in the video) but he makes false accusations about his competitors.

This guy is a real class act.....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Subject: Fw: Order 454
To: info@stevespaleogoods.com

Just FYI....

Love your products,
Susan Sockwell
----- Original Message -----
To: Dr. Susan Sockwell
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: Order 454

Ok great. Enjoy that steroid and hormone enhanced beef jerky! We'll cancel your order for organic and responsibly raised beef.

Thanks, Matt @ PP

On Aug 12, 2013, at 7:07 AM, "Dr. Susan Sockwell" <toothfairy92@gmail.com> wrote:

yes. I ordered from Steve's originals.

Thanks anyway,
Susan Sockwell
----- Original Message -----
To: Dr. Susan Sockwell
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: Order 454

Susan,

Sorry for the delay. We had a really big event the beginning of this month, that called for all of our product and so we got back ordered. Are you sure we cant send your order?

Christa @ PP

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Dr. Susan Sockwell <toothfairy92@gmail.com> wrote:
Please cancel my order from 8/3. It takes too long to get your products.

Susan Sockwell
Sent from my iPhone

--
Thanks,

Matt @ PP

primalpacs@gmail.com
www.primalpacs.com