CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
Paul Glezer

Profile:
AMRAP Nutrition Bars

Hi All,

I had jumped on the pre-orders via Facebook for AMRAP Nutrition bars. Its a new paleo snack bar with some added egg white protein powder. Just wanted to let you all know its pretty dang good. Sweet and a hint of sea salt def gives it an interesting flavor profile. I'm hooked.

Not affiliated with them nor did i get any special deal, just a fan.

WFS http://www.amrapnutrition.com/products/refuel-bar.php
Old 10-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
William Arnold

Profile:
Re: AMRAP Nutrition Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Glezer View Post
Hi All,

I had jumped on the pre-orders via Facebook for AMRAP Nutrition bars. Its a new paleo snack bar with some added egg white protein powder. Just wanted to let you all know its pretty dang good. Sweet and a hint of sea salt def gives it an interesting flavor profile. I'm hooked.

Not affiliated with them nor did i get any special deal, just a fan.

WFS http://www.amrapnutrition.com/products/refuel-bar.php

I don't ever eat food bars or anything of the sort so i wouldn't know, but is 3$ per bar a lot or not really for this kind of bar dealy thing?
Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of companies trying to a$$rape us with these rediculous prices on "Paleo Foods". I can just boil 2 eggs, grab a handful of nuts and a piece of fruit and have that as my snack. All at a fraction of a bar. $1.50 for 1 bar is a little high. $3 is nuts.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Joey Shishineh

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Santos View Post
Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of companies trying to a$$rape us with these rediculous prices on "Paleo Foods". I can just boil 2 eggs, grab a handful of nuts and a piece of fruit and have that as my snack. All at a fraction of a bar. $1.50 for 1 bar is a little high. $3 is nuts.
literally nuts! haha, but in all seriousness, you can make food like Paulo said or just make your own granola....very quick and easy. Personally, I like homemade ones better anyways because I have a tighter control over ingredients and I can make them at the macro levels I want.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
John C Corona

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Santos View Post
Im not sick and tired of the companies that capitalize on laziness...Im sick of the people that eat processed foods (paleo or not) out of pure laziness, oh sorry, convenience.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
Chris Mason

Profile:

Is honey Paleo?

Anyway, I see no real issue with that bar other than it probably does not taste very good.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
Is honey Paleo?
Yes, assuming that it is the all natural kind. It is similar to fruit, so you should t be having spoons of it a day.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
Ron Slavick

Profile:

Hey Guys.... being associated with AMRAP Nutrition makes me totally 100% bias .... but here is my response to some of the concerns

HONEY... we use it in its raw form - you can "taste" the beeswax... its like the stuff you see at your local farmers market, one big solid cube which is hard at room temp ... read this:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/is-ho...fer-sweetener/

PRICE ... almond butter is the devil not us ... if you take a jar of raw almond butter from your local market you will see it will cost you nearly $0.035 per gram ... our bar is 64grams, so assuming our bar was just 100% almond butter it would cost $2.24 (64g X .035 = $2.24) [raw almond butter = http://tinyurl.com/8umbtuj ]

TASTE ... there are awesome!! but dont take my word ... read the testimonials on our Facebook page or try a box for yourself, if they are not AWESOME!! send them back for a full refund. https://www.facebook.com/AMRAPnutrition

Finally I leave you with this ... when was the last time you found a protein bar that you would even consider giving to a 2-yr old.... only to find out that they LOVE THEM!

Let me know if you have any questions - ron [-at-] amrapusa.com
Old 10-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
Dana Rice

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Corona View Post
Im not sick and tired of the companies that capitalize on laziness...Im sick of the people that eat processed foods (paleo or not) out of pure laziness, oh sorry, convenience.
Really?? Why do you care?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #10
Steve Liberati

Profile:

My biggest concern would be eating egg white protein which is highly allergenic, not well digested (in the absence of the yolks not present in egg protein) and add the fact it is in powder form which means it is devoid of all any nutritional value and certainly not "Paleo-friendly"

Last edited by Steve Liberati : 10-31-2012 at 07:40 PM.