CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #21
Mark Martinez

Profile:
Re: Protein Types..

I'm at the point and age where I'm starting to need all the help I can get. I've been contemplating supplements for awhile.

Saturday, I took the plunge because of Chris Mason's post on the Big Three. Picked up Beta Alanine and Creatine Monohydrate at Ramstein's BX; probably not the best quality. Hope it works anyway. I've been loading with coffee pre-WOD in the afternoons so that was covered. I'm hoping this really helps improve my performance. I'll re-post in about a month.

I'll defininitely be ordering from At Large Nutrition if I keep up the supplement intake.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #22
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Martinez View Post
I'm at the point and age where I'm starting to need all the help I can get. I've been contemplating supplements for awhile.

Saturday, I took the plunge because of Chris Mason's post on the Big Three. Picked up Beta Alanine and Creatine Monohydrate at Ramstein's BX; probably not the best quality. Hope it works anyway. I've been loading with coffee pre-WOD in the afternoons so that was covered. I'm hoping this really helps improve my performance. I'll re-post in about a month.

I'll defininitely be ordering from At Large Nutrition if I keep up the supplement intake.
Mark,

Remember, you need to take both of those every single day, not just training days. 5g of creatine and at least 3g of Beta-Alanine. Give it about 2 weeks and if the product quality is reasonable you will see a difference in your training.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #23
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
Mark,

Remember, you need to take both of those every single day, not just training days. 5g of creatine and at least 3g of Beta-Alanine. Give it about 2 weeks and if the product quality is reasonable you will see a difference in your training.
Does it matter when you take the beta or creatine? Also, I take glutamine usually, is there a specific time for that? And what difference exactly should you be feeling w creatine and the rest of these? I've taken creatine in the past and swear I didn't notice anything.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #24
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
Does it matter when you take the beta or creatine? Also, I take glutamine usually, is there a specific time for that? And what difference exactly should you be feeling w creatine and the rest of these? I've taken creatine in the past and swear I didn't notice anything.
Timing for creatine or BA is not really important. They both build up (or cause a buildup in the case of BA) in the muscle cells so momentary timing is not a big deal.

With glutamine I would go pre or PWO on training days.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #25
Ryan Cogan

Profile:

Chris,
I have seen you'r results product and would love to buy it from you but right now I can not afford the $50 a month for it. I am currently running creatine mono made with creapure and ON gold standard 100% whey (when I am done I am switching to Nitrean+). So to my question, Would it be effective to do a stack of creatine mono + a pure beta-alanine + dextrose? And do you think it would have similar results as Results?
Thank You,
Ryan
Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #26
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Cogan View Post
Chris,
I have seen you'r results product and would love to buy it from you but right now I can not afford the $50 a month for it. I am currently running creatine mono made with creapure and ON gold standard 100% whey (when I am done I am switching to Nitrean+). So to my question, Would it be effective to do a stack of creatine mono + a pure beta-alanine + dextrose? And do you think it would have similar results as Results?
Thank You,
Ryan
Yes, that would be a good stack. I will also say this, skip the supplemental protein and just use RESULTS. You will save money and have better training results than you are currently experiencing. In other words, RESULTS will do much more for your training than any protein supplement.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #27
Ryan Cogan

Profile:

I am not that good of an eater so I feel that I need the supplemented protein. Unless it is going to hinder the effects of the stack i mentioned I think it is kind of necessary.