CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 AM   #21
Drew Cloutier

Profile:
Re: Air Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Rexin View Post
Ok, Drew, since you seem to have taken offence to my simple correction of you I would like to direct you to DAOD 5023-2, physical fitness program. It CLEARLY states that there are a variety of different physical standards for different occupations and operations, which means that there are different fitness standards.

To throw up the fitness standard to get in, that is also wrong as firefighters, JTF and SAR techs (not to mention a few others) are held to higher fitness standards than the average recruit. Fitness is also measured differently for flight crew. To reiterate my point, different occupations have DIFFERENT fitness standards.
I believe that's called getting served, son.
For one, don't ever call me son, that's just plain rude where I come from old man, I have a father already thanks though, the only thing you served is a total lack of reading comprehension...LOOK UP UNIVERSALITY OF SERVICE, just like I said. Says something to the effect that all members have X minimum that we all need to be able to do (AF, Navy and Army) I believe it is the CF Express Test, 20M shuttle run, push-ups, situps, and hand grip.

We're talking about differences from AF, to Navy to Army...not trade. Oh and you actually need to pass the initial requirements to join the mil, before you do trade specific PT tests, which if you fail are then remustered to a different trade.

CLEARLY the SPECIAL OPERATIONS have higher fitness standards...using them as a comparison is just retarded, they are also not a separate trade group, you stay your MOSID when you go CANSOFCOM. There are certain trades and courses that you need X PT levels, without a doubt...BUT that wasn't what I was discussing, I said MINIMUM STANDARDS for the AF, Navy and Army...I never mentioned anything about trade specificity, it stands to reason that certain trades have more stringent requirements, like airborne, divers, SAR, etc. Again though just for you I will reitirate that before they even go through the trade specific PT tests, they must pass the initial entry fitness tests, AND my other main point which you failed to get, is that unlike the US where each of their branches has separate basic/boot we all do a common course with the same expectations/standards placed on all of us.

I didn't think I had to hold your hand and walk you through it, but here you go.

You are the weakest link good bye.

Now back to the actual topic at hand, your training program and how well it works is really up to your individual determination to accomplish it. Sure as a military member you will have things interfere with personal fitness training, such as exercises, courses, deployments, etc...but as thousands before you have shown, it can be done, you just have to get smart/creative about it sometimes, and REALLY pay attention to your body to know when to ease off the intensity so as not to interfere with your duties.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #22
Matt Rexin

Profile:

Woah, slow down there Internet tough guy. This was the original post in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pacifico View Post
Anybody in the AF follow Xfit on base?? i know alot of marines and people in the army who follow Xfits wod's but no one in the air force. is it a bit harder to follow in a different branch of the military?
You then came out of left field with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Cloutier View Post
I guess bigger difference for the US, we're a unified military, no separate branches, all same requirements throughout Army, RCN and RCAF.
You never mention anything about new recruits, or initial pt tests, you made a blanket statement that all requirements are the same. Your words. So that's what I have issue with. Because it is clearly not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Cloutier View Post

CLEARLY the SPECIAL OPERATIONS have higher fitness standards...using them as a comparison is just retarded, they are also not a separate trade group, you stay your MOSID when you go CANSOFCOM .
I'm glad we agree. I'm done arguing with you without you getting all hurt and throwing out lines from a decades old gameshow. Just admit you made a mistake and move on.

One more thing, using your real name on a forum board means anyone can search for it, so this means anytime you happen to apply for a new job or posting someone would likely google your name. Is this how you want to come across to people? Maybe work on your ability to accept criticism.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #23
Eric Shuty

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Hoke View Post
We'd be more than happy to smack talk, however, we are not limited to a three syllable vocabulary, so you wouldn't understand what we are saying anyway. ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.
See, now this is more like it. Let's take this moment of light comedy to stop the Canadian civil war that has hijacked this thread.....you know what I'm talking aboot, eh?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #24
Darryl McNeil

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Shuty View Post
It should be easier for an Air-man to do Xfit given all that extra free time they have from not fighting wars.......ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Sorry bro, this thread just left the door wide open...........
dont know whats wrong with some people, but last time I checked, I did quite a few AF active duty funerals when I was in honor guard.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #25
Steven Nedorolik

Profile:

Really? resurecting a 6 month old thread??
Whats with everyone getting so but hurt over a little interservice rivalry?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #26
Carl N Cobb

Profile:

Haha, its alrite.. All branches of the military argue of over who is better, its kind of a tradition to talk crap to each other.. But the AF and Navy knows us Soldiers and Marines lead the frickin way!!!

And for the guy saying all branches are held to the same fitness standard, do yourself a favor and look up the PT Test for each branch.. Yes they are are held to a fitness standard, but the same standard? No Sir, that is incorrect, if it was the same standard all the PT test would be the same.

CJ
Old 06-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #27
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

Gotta jump in on this one. MOS/AFSC inside your particular branch dictates your level of fitness requirement. In the Army, Sappers/Rangers/SF etc. are held to a much high standard of fitness than you your typical 88M (truck driver) or 21T (surveryor). Mainly because that's not a huge part of their job. Same goes for AF, except there are much fewer AFSCs that require it. You would be hard pressed to find anyone that is held to a higher standard than the PJs, but your average AF "Dirt Boy" (heavy engineering equipment operator) is held to the basic standards.

Gotta say though, my Army deployment was significantly more hardcore than my AF one. Finding IEDs and kicking in doors vs. having to deal with my internet running slow. Just sayin....

I'm a AF POG Officer now so "Off we go....."