CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 03-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #11
Travis Jones

Profile:
For me and my wife Cindy is becoming somewhat of a bore. Although I have had great results, doubled the rounds from 7 to 14 in three months and went the full twenty minutes the last two times. I found myself wondering about the time. Cindy is the only WOD that I have felt bored. Maybe it is repetition, I don't know.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
Ryan Whitenack

Profile:
Don Stevenson you bring up a great point; one I would like to hear more about. At 6'8" my stroke length is considerably longer than average, and I find it does definitely affect my times. However, pertaining to this discussion my record on Cindy is 26 rounds, which I did about 5-6months into crossfitting. I could definitely see how a shorter, more powerful, and more experienced Crossfit veteran could get beyond the threshold of 30
Old 03-31-2007, 12:12 AM   #13
Andrew Cattermole

Profile:
Mechanical advantage, BW and ROM used will always affect the results in WODs, which is why your results are referable only to your results in order to see improvements of efficiency of movement etc.
IMHO People tend to take these results too serious for a conditioning routine that the WOD is.

The fact that individuals get pent up, express frustration and accuse people of lying about results… over the Internet, …about people in other countries/states/areas… that they never meet… is sort of funny.
:rm_shifty:
Old 04-01-2007, 06:37 AM   #14
Ian Holmes

Profile:
The best I have ever pulled off with Cindy was 36 times in 20min. It hurt. I couldn't walk down the stairs from my house later on that day *grin*. The pull-ups were done on a ledge rather than a bar, squats were to the ground, and push-ups had the nose touching every time. I am sure there are some rounds where I wasn't hitting lockout every time, but those were the later twenties...

All that in perspective though, the first time I ever did Cindy I did 10 rounds in ten minutes and promptly stopped to die. The body learns to put up with all kinds of stupid exercise... personally I still consider squats the worst portion of cindy, the rest isn't so bad..
Old 04-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #15
Guy Crossland

Profile:
I think someone doing 30+ rounds of Cindy should be included on the next Crossfit DVD.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #16
Ian Holmes

Profile:
If I can get a video camera, and find the balls to do it again, I will see what I can get you. Cindy scares me.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #17
Dan Patrick

Profile:
Today was my first time doing Cindy. I got 11 rounds and had about 20 seconds to spare.

Pullups were my weakest link.