CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #21
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Goff View Post
I skipped out on my workout today!! I had the most starving day today---it was that horrible shaky kind of weak hunger and I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't...........
I must prepare to die on Friday morning. Oh well, the dread will at least keep me from eating too much Thanksgiving feast tomorrow.
Pinkity
Ah don't say stuff like that, have a nice non overstufffed meal tomorrow and no dying on Friday young lady, I will not hear of it. Take a break it's OK. All I did was ride to work and back home and I am sitting here freezing, not swimming not WODing so I feel for you because I am right there with you.
And we still we do more than most folks...

Old 11-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #22
Sharon Goff

Profile:

Thanks jz I'm pretty much sitting here in tears over the whole weight thing!
I just found a ton of stuff about caffeine and stress causing weight gain, or , not allowing one to lose weight. Okay, I pretty much live off of coffee. Strong, Black Coffee. Zero Calories, Pure Energy. It's what resurrects me each morning and transforms me into Miss Sharon Preschool Teacher Extraordinaire. But, I think in all fairness to my new workout and eating plan, I must give it up fully realizing that I will become the Clark Kent of School and everyone will say what's the matter with you? Why aren't you entertaining us with your hilarious, lively tales? Are you in a bad mood? We've never ever seen you in a bad mood!
Crimineys!!! Life sucks
Old 11-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #23
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

I could not give up coffee but I can deal with less. I never even notice if I have a regular cup and not the coffeehouse to-go huge as* mug. Just try cutting back before you give it up. See if that helps.
Are you logging your food somewhere? That is imperitive. A Boston Crossfit guy told me Weight Watchers worked great for his clients, easier than the Zone.

I'd try Zone flavored WW or South Beach. Meaning "point wise" you could eat poptarts and stay within your points but no one wants you to eat that crap. SB took most of my weight off of me. That and my pitifully slow running. People laugh at me I am so slow ***** them.

Keep it up and don't worry it will come off or will firm up. I had a friend with Cushing's disease. It puts a ton of weight on you - Hormonal but I don't really understand how it works. Has that been ruled out?
Old 11-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #24
Sharon Goff

Profile:

I've tried South Beach, Adkins, Weight Watchers, Paleo, Doctor prescribed, Nutri-system, Weigh-down Workshop (stupid one), low-fat, and simply cutting back. Nothing has worked. I'm an anomaly.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #25
Sharon Goff

Profile:

Oh, I'll have to look up Cushings. The only thing I know about it, is that it's a popular diagnosis on House.....and usually wrong.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #26
Sara Fleming

Profile:

Sharon,

Just checking in on you.

You know, it takes 30 days to make a habit of anything. This stuff is hard, its way harder than most people will ever attempt so don't beat yourself up too much.

Baby steps, my friend, baby steps. Most of us have been baby stepping our way here for years and years.

Keep on coming, focus on working on that strength. Practice lifting heavy things over your head and change will happen before you know it. In fact, you probably won't even notice it. You'll be lifting something heavy over your head one day and your pants will fall down. And you won't know whether to be embarassed or elated.

Hang in there. You can do it. Keep posting on your log. It will keep you here.

I am a trainer as well and have a few clients in your shoes and so could relate immediately when Amy first posted about you. Just wanted to give you some words of encouragement and let you know that I am thinking of you and cheering you on.

Sara

PS. I think if you tried REAL saerkraut, you might actually like it.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #27
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

Come back, I took a break after my sister read my log and got really ****ed and we had a big fight. But I came back and keep plugging away because this is one of the truly positive things I do in my life. Don't stop. At least let us know you're OK.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #28
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Talking Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Hi Everyone! I'm so touched that I was missed!! I'm totally fine and still working out. Check out www.crossfitnrv.com to see proof!
Still no weight loss, no change in the way clothes fit, but I feel sooooo much better (in spite of being sore all the time) my range of motion has dramatically improved. I can do a complete squat--I mean down to the floor AND come back up again!! I've almost doubled the amount of jumping ropes I can do before dying, and, best of all, underneath the fat on my arms, there's an awesome muscle growing!! Only one more day of preschool before Christmas break, so I can catch up on my posting then. Since Thanksgiving we've been ultra busy!! I missed one whole week because of a miserable head/sinus/inner ear thing, but I'm CFing everyday this week to help make up for it. Yahooey....
Old 12-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #29
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

Yes batwings are great to have go and muscle replace them. My preschool teacher buddy had a kid bat her's back and forth while she was carrying him and say "What's this?". She was mortified. That's what got her back to the gym. They're gone now.
Good for you on jumpropes I am just starting that. And I suck big time. My hat's off to you.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #30
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Talking Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Oh I have one better than that! One of my preschool boys was playing with my arm fat during circle time and says, "Hey, look-it! Miss Sharon's arms are made of flubber!" I figure everybody has to be famous for something....
S