CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 02-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #81
Tamara Cohen

Profile:
Re: Anyone have pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Rutherford View Post
You're welcome. Great shirt saying!
Do you have progression pics?
I need to save these all as one document, but I haven't gotten around to it:
April and June pics - http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=47931 (WFS, although I'm in a sports bra and underwear).

Then, here are some other random ones from August, September and January. I have a November one in the same sports bra and underwear as the April pic, but the resolution is too low.

And, yes, before anyone feels the need to point it out...I own a lot of bikinis...at least 10 of them...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	August_Pic.jpg
Views:	2231
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	5775   Click image for larger version

Name:	September_Pic.jpg
Views:	2021
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	5776   Click image for larger version

Name:	January_Pic.jpg
Views:	2087
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	5778  
Old 02-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #82
Christy Labrie

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
I need to save these all as one document, but I haven't gotten around to it:
April and June pics - http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=47931 (WFS, although I'm in a sports bra and underwear).

Then, here are some other random ones from August, September and January. I have a November one in the same sports bra and underwear as the April pic, but the resolution is too low.

And, yes, before anyone feels the need to point it out...I own a lot of bikinis...at least 10 of them...

Thank you for posting.
Very inspirational. I needed that
and yes, if I looked as good- I would have a wardrobe of bikinis too
Old 02-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #83
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Rutherford View Post
Thank you for posting.
Very inspirational. I needed that
and yes, if I looked as good- I would have a wardrobe of bikinis too
You're welcome. Oh, and my weight in those 3 pics was 150 in August, 145 in September, and 135 in January. I went from 145 to 135 after I went Paleo in October.

I try to explain to my husband that there is no such thing as too many bikinis. I do wear them a lot, so it's a good investment. Plus, his favorite one is the black/white one in the August pic, which was ridiculously expensive, so he can't complain. I spent like $5 on that purple one, haha.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #84
Elizabeth Hall

Profile:

Tamara, that is truly impressive and soooo motivating! I just went Paleo two weeks ago and have lost 5 lbs. You look awesome!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #85
Jason K Adams

Profile:

Tamara thanks for posting the pictures. They are VERY motivational.

You display the extreme lean physique of someone that is "genetically gifted" to be built that way. Yet, in your earlier photos you appear to be of "average" build and not extremely lean. To me this means a couple of things.

First you have worked your butt off to get where you are at. Second the path that you have taken to get there was apparently very efficient.

For me this is amazing. I have all of the will power in the world. I have tried a ton of different things (triathlete, weightlifting) I always seem to lack progress toward my "ideal" build. In other words I am in really good "shape" for a fat guy.

I used to think that this was impossible for me but thanks to your pictures I see it is achievable with the right plan.

Thanks for posting them..
Old 02-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #86
Josh Wright

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason K Adams View Post

You display the extreme lean physique of someone that is "genetically gifted" to be built that way. Yet, in your earlier photos you appear to be of "average" build and not extremely lean. To me this means a couple of things.

First you have worked your butt off to get where you are at. Second the path that you have taken to get there was apparently very efficient.

For me this is amazing. I have all of the will power in the world. I have tried a ton of different things (triathlete, weightlifting) I always seem to lack progress toward my "ideal" build. In other words I am in really good "shape" for a fat guy.

I used to think that this was impossible for me but thanks to your pictures I see it is achievable with the right plan.

Training alone won't get you there. Diet is 90% of the battle. I believe diet and recovery/rest are much, much more important than the actual training.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:12 AM   #87
Jason K Adams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Wright View Post
Training alone won't get you there. Diet is 90% of the battle. I believe diet and recovery/rest are much, much more important than the actual training.
Josh you are so very correct.

I found the Paleo diet by accident. I am a big guy. I have tried to lose weight for years. I am an active endurance athlete and thought I was eating the proper diet. I never got anywhere.

Finally on January 1st I decided that if it doesn't grow out the ground (veggies), swim or cluck like a chicken I'm not going to eat it.

I lost 20 pounds in January.

It seems like you guys have figured out what I have to do to get where I want to be. For me everything else is crap, trust me I have tried it.

It looks like crossfit turns people into what they were supposed to be - lean, strong, fast, capable.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:13 AM   #88
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Hall View Post
Tamara, that is truly impressive and soooo motivating! I just went Paleo two weeks ago and have lost 5 lbs. You look awesome!!!
Thanks, Elizabeth! How is Paleo going for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason K Adams View Post

Thanks, Jason. I was always thin and athletic. I graduated from college at 118 lbs, which was ridiculously thin for someone who is 5'8. So, I was skinny but not muscular, even though I was a great athlete. However, I am definitely in the best shape of my life now, and I'm just starting.

I have a hard time picking apart diet versus training in my situation. I lost 30 lbs basically by getting my butt to the gym without significantly altering my diet. HOWEVER, I wasn't eating crap to begin with. Our house is meat, veggies, fruits, lots of trips to the farmers market, no fast food, no soda, no candy. The one change I made in April was essentially cutting out all pasta and rice. So, from April to October I went from 174 to 145 lbs. I started Paleo in October, not to lose more weight, but because I had torn my hamstring at the end of August and was still rehabbing. It was out of pure frustration and anger...I wanted to get back to WODs.

From October to January, Paleo got me to 135 lbs and, basically, I leaned out like crazy. I guess if I had known that would happen, I would have gone Paleo from the start, ha. Nah, I actually do not think I would have been successful doing that, especially because I had to learn how to cook. My husband does all the cooking for dinner, and the rest of my family still eats dairy and grains. I cook breakfast and lunch every day. He has been good about keeping things separate so that I can still eat the meats and veggies that he cooks, and I don't complain if there is a tiny bit of honey in his homemade salad dressing.

I'm not strict Paleo. I eat clean. No dairy, no sugar, no grains (I will eat fresh/frozen corn but not corn products), I occasionally eat beans and potatoes because my husband cooks them a lot, I eat nitrate free, uncured bacon, and I'm sure there are a few other things in my diet that the Paleo police would cite me for. It works for me. Also, I was a DAILY drinker before October. I went sober for the first 30 days, then started drinking at 10:30 am on day 31. It didn't work out so well . I'm doing 90 days sober with the rest of my affiliate, which started January 1 (today is day 39, not that I'm counting).

So, yes, people do have to get their diets in check, but I guess it depends on what your current diet is. And, I know plenty of people who are Paleo and who bust their butts at CrossFit every bit as hard as I do, and they just have a different body type. CrossFit builds all sorts of hot bodies.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #89
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Hi Lindsay!

I posted my back-fat pictures on these discussion boards a million years ago along with my whole story.

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=36565 (wfs)

Has CrossFit changed your life yet? :-)
Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #90
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Oh, and one more comment - unlike Tamara, I only own ONE bikini.