CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #3001
Walker Fenz

Profile:
Re: Where's the Girl Power?

Congrats Tamara and Diane on your latest! One of the best parts about reading this thread is all of your continued success, and even when one goal is reached, another is set!

Thx for the inspiration ladies
Old 12-24-2009, 08:17 AM   #3002
Lindy Hruska

Profile:

Hey all! I just recently had my 1yr CF anniversary- it is amazing to see what a year of this will do!

I bought a treadmill recently, and the delivery company had three men deliver it (picture bevis and butthead doing a home delivery)...after listening to them complain about how it wasn't going to fit through the door or down the stairs I got irritated and picked up the heavy end of a 300 lb treadmill to get it into the house..the guys just stood there, saying "We've never seen a girl do THAT before!"

YAY Crossfit!

I have a long way to go, but so thankful that I found an exercise program to be passionate about again...

Thanks to all the ladies on this website who are inspiring me on a daily basis!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #3003
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Old 12-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #3004
Brenda Kennedy

Profile:

You ladies are doing awesome!!! I am living vicariously through all of you until I am back on my feet .

Quick update on me. I had another surgery on the 8th of Dec. Once I was able to walk and start rehab I did too much and broke one of the screws in my knee. The surgery was to fix the screw and to open up the old incision and add more bone putty and some cadaver bone slivers. So now i'm back to square one , no walking, or weight on my leg.

The good news is that my story is being featured in the KU Hospital cancer newsletter and I was intervewied by Fox 4 in Kansas City about my surgery (since it's the first of its kind). So far it looks like my surgery has been a success (minus screw breaking) and my surgeon is very optomistic that I will be able to go back to my old lifestyle after this. This surgery will not only impact cancer patients, but soldiers in Iraq who lose a chunk of bone and their only option is amputation.

If anyone is interested in watching the story, it will be online on the 26th or 27th. The website is www.Fox4KC.com (WFS).
Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #3005
Alicia Sloan

Profile:

Hi girls,

Just a short question - when did you return to working out after having a baby? I'm pregnant with my 1st and have heard a lot of different things (mostly from sources that consider walking,kegals, and the occasional bicep curl to be the only form of exercises that pregnant women ever do). What about women who have kept active throughout?
Old 12-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #3006
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Sloan View Post
Hi girls,

Just a short question - when did you return to working out after having a baby? I'm pregnant with my 1st and have heard a lot of different things (mostly from sources that consider walking,kegals, and the occasional bicep curl to be the only form of exercises that pregnant women ever do). What about women who have kept active throughout?
http://crossfitmom.com/ (WFS) discusses Crossfit-style pregnancy-appropriate workouts in great detail, including scaling notes by trimester.

Katherine
Old 12-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #3007
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
I've been attacking what I hate with a vengeance, haha.

Next thing to tackle is ring dips. I don't have even ONE unassisted ring dip.
Tamara, I'm with you on the zero ring dips club. Boo! If I try REALLY HARD I can get a whopping ONE ring dip, but it might as well be zero since I can't go to full depth.

If you wanted to work on your ring dips while there's snow outside, you could always work things like L-sit holds and handstand push-ups. Nothing can quite simulate the instability of the rings, but at least you can work on some of the strength components. I do handstand push-ups against the wall in my basement during commercial breaks of CSI Las Vegas. :-)
Old 12-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #3008
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Kennedy View Post
You ladies are doing awesome!!! I am living vicariously through all of you until I am back on my feet .

Quick update on me. I had another surgery on the 8th of Dec. Once I was able to walk and start rehab I did too much and broke one of the screws in my knee. The surgery was to fix the screw and to open up the old incision and add more bone putty and some cadaver bone slivers. So now i'm back to square one , no walking, or weight on my leg.
Hang in there, Brenda. You are one strong woman!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #3009
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennie Yundt View Post
Tamara, I'm with you on the zero ring dips club. Boo! If I try REALLY HARD I can get a whopping ONE ring dip, but it might as well be zero since I can't go to full depth.

If you wanted to work on your ring dips while there's snow outside, you could always work things like L-sit holds and handstand push-ups. Nothing can quite simulate the instability of the rings, but at least you can work on some of the strength components. I do handstand push-ups against the wall in my basement during commercial breaks of CSI Las Vegas. :-)
Thanks, Jennie! BTW, I got my CrossFit fire socks and hat the other day, whoohoo!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #3010
Patricia Seip

Profile:

Wow ladies, everyone is making great strides!! It is so fun to read this thread. Brenda, I have no doubt that you will bounce back great with the attitude you have!!

Tamara, I had 6 rings dips before I hurt my shoulder, and I couldn't do any, so at the rate you're making gains, you'll be pumping them out before you know it.

I have to read this stuff to stay motivated, or I'll just be depressed. I need to work at the things I can do and quit complaining about what I can't do.