CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #2901
Jennie Yundt

Profile:
Re: Where's the Girl Power?

Hello girl power board!

Oh, how I've missed thee! I used to spend many great hours scouring the board and celebrating everyone's successes....but alas....my work BLOCKED CrossFit sites, including the discussion boards. I rarely have time at home to check in, things have just been hectic.

I love reading about first kipping pull-ups, backyard shed gyms, missing bikinis, and dead lift PR's.

It's great to see all the familiar faces, and all the new faces. You ladies are an inspiration! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #2902
Diane Mahoney

Profile:

Hi Jennie! I'm starting a Paleo challenge today. Yee gads. I hope I can do it. Thank YOU for being so inspiring!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #2903
Brenda Kennedy

Profile:

I had a doctors appointment today and I've gained 20 lbs since the surgery . I'm hoping that the increased physical activity from walking and physical therapy will help me lose some of that. I know that it will help that I'm cooking again too.

I did go to the gym last night and dinked around with the weights a bit. Did some dumbbell presses, some shoulder work and some back work. It felt so good to be back at the gym! I'm hoping to go this weekend too, just to get out of the house and get away for an hour.

Marianne, yes I was doing CF prior to the diagnosis and treatment. I was also teaching Spinning and a bootcamp type class. As well I was training for a 1/2 marathon and a sprint triathlon. So I literally went from active one week to diagnosis and surgery the next.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #2904
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Hey Jennie: Welcome back.. hope you can join in and share your "successes" with us as well!! You are right!! This is a great place to support each other and to celebrate the women in crossfit!!

Diane:
Good luck on the Paleo challenge! I will be routing for you! Be sure to let us know how you do.

Brenda:
No worries.. the weight will fall off when you get up and moving around. . I am certain your priorities have changed dramatically since your diagnosis, so celebrate what you are grateful for today and see all the wonderful gifts you have in your life! Rock on!

I am doing my L1 Cert this weekend.. I will report back and let you all know how I do. I am going for a PR on Fran if we do that!!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:15 AM   #2905
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Urbanski View Post
I am doing my L1 Cert this weekend.. I will report back and let you all know how I do. I am going for a PR on Fran if we do that!!
So psyched for you!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #2906
Courtney Bear

Profile:

Hey Ladies,
Haven't been here in a while to post, but I keep up with the reading.
Here's the catch up.
1 year of CrossFit and my FF physical came back excellent. I lost 7 inches around the waist and 7% body fat. I only lost two pounds, but who the hell cares, we all know where it went. I still don't think I'll be posting the bikini pics since after 3 kids by C-section, I have a lot of skin that slides around on top of my nicely defined abs. You can see them if I pull the skin out of the way. Oh well. I finally lost those bands on pull ups and I entered the "got pull up" society officially in early September with my first dead hangs. I'm pretty much Rx-ing everything except for the muscle-ups, ring-dips, and handstand pull ups. Hoping that Gymnastics Cert in November will help with all of that.
Thanks for all of your inspiration!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #2907
Diane Mahoney

Profile:

Courtney, I am so envious you lost the 3 bands for pullups!

I am on Day 7 of my Paleo challenge. It's going pretty well. I am down a few pounds. Initially I felt really wiped out after my workouts, but I think it's improving. Good thing too since the weekend is over and I can't laze on the sofa with a book all day!

Today was the first day I was able to go heavy on deadlifts. I was still working on form last time we did them, and I went to 115#. I think that was for a bunch of reps too though. So today was more 1RM and I did 135-135-140-140-145-145-145. Back started to round at 145 and I tried to do a few lighter after that, but I was fatigued and couldn't get my form back.

Pretty happy about lifting my bodyweight! I want to lift MORE please!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #2908
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney Bear View Post
Hey Ladies,
Haven't been here in a while to post, but I keep up with the reading.
Here's the catch up.
1 year of CrossFit and my FF physical came back excellent. I lost 7 inches around the waist and 7% body fat. I only lost two pounds, but who the hell cares, we all know where it went. I still don't think I'll be posting the bikini pics since after 3 kids by C-section, I have a lot of skin that slides around on top of my nicely defined abs. You can see them if I pull the skin out of the way. Oh well. I finally lost those bands on pull ups and I entered the "got pull up" society officially in early September with my first dead hangs. I'm pretty much Rx-ing everything except for the muscle-ups, ring-dips, and handstand pull ups. Hoping that Gymnastics Cert in November will help with all of that.
Thanks for all of your inspiration!
AWESOME, Courtney!!! Congrats on all the "milestones" you have passed this year!! Keep sharing and inspiring us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Mahoney View Post
Courtney, I am so envious you lost the 3 bands for pullups!

I am on Day 7 of my Paleo challenge. It's going pretty well. I am down a few pounds. Initially I felt really wiped out after my workouts, but I think it's improving. Good thing too since the weekend is over and I can't laze on the sofa with a book all day!

Today was the first day I was able to go heavy on deadlifts. I was still working on form last time we did them, and I went to 115#. I think that was for a bunch of reps too though. So today was more 1RM and I did 135-135-140-140-145-145-145. Back started to round at 145 and I tried to do a few lighter after that, but I was fatigued and couldn't get my form back.

Pretty happy about lifting my bodyweight! I want to lift MORE please!
Diane:Glad to hear your Paleo challenge is going well!!! What do you find you miss the most?
Great job on the lifts today!! keep the faith! MORE will come when you are ready..
Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #2909
Diane Mahoney

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Urbanski View Post
Glad to hear your Paleo challenge is going well!!! What do you find you miss the most?
The most frustrating thing has been vinegar/salt...which is in everything you don't prepare from scratch. They sneak it everywhere! I am ready to get lax on those two items so I can just eat salad dressing if I want too, darnit! Gluten free, of course.

I miss shakes in the morning (which I have always made with whey protein powder), and dairy...I don't even like milk! But I do like milk in my tea (feel I am adjusting well there), and cheese often sounds nice (but it's not a painful longing).

There are things I will add back after the 30 days for sure. I will be eating the greenbeans in my freezer, which I think are more green than bean. I won't worry so much about salt and vinegar. Dairy? I think that's one of those things that I will need to reintroduce and see how my body responds. So I'm going to hold tight there. I can do this!!!

I hope the scale will keep moving. I am totally motivated by vanity!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:23 AM   #2910
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Okay, ladies, I am starting 30 Days of Paleo on Monday! Dumping alcohol...how will I survive?

If anyone else wants in, we have a group from my Facebook page doing it together, and a few people from my affiliate are joining in as well.

I could use the support. My husband's exact words last night were "I will absolutely not support you in this. I spend a lot of time grocery shopping and cooking for this family, and I refuse to change a thing." Should be fun, considering that the only thing I manage to cook on a regular basis is eggs...I'm pumped!