CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 02-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
Wendy Pace

Profile:
First Oly Lifting competition!

Finished my first competition this past Saturday down in Savannah at Don M.'s place (newly CF affiliated). It was a local event, so mostly younger kids and some high school students. My favorite was the 5 year old girl doing the snatch and c&j! Though I've been doing CF for about 8 months, I only started weightlifting training a month ago with Stephen Powell (Palmetto Weightlifting Club). I had never even considered doing anything like this until I met Stephen and Paul (owner/coach at Carolina Crossfit here in columbia, sc) and they asked if I would be interested. I had bought the DoWin's this summer so I said sure!

Weighed in at 71k, so was in the 75 weight class, for which I was the only one, so I got the medal

Snatch: 32, 35, 38(f) The last one I pressed up slightly. Should've had it - it didn't feel that heavy. I've done it a couple of times in training.
C&J: 46, 49, 52 - made all these! 52k (115#) is a pr - I've only gone up to 112 in training once.

It was a great time, everyone was super friendly and encouraging. I'm going to try now for the National's Masters in April in Savannah. An O-lifting competition and CF certification (Baltimore) in one month! Kick A##!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: First Oly Lifting competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Pace View Post
Finished my first competition this past Saturday down in Savannah at Don M.'s place (newly CF affiliated). It was a local event, so mostly younger kids and some high school students. My favorite was the 5 year old girl doing the snatch and c&j! Though I've been doing CF for about 8 months, I only started weightlifting training a month ago with Stephen Powell (Palmetto Weightlifting Club). I had never even considered doing anything like this until I met Stephen and Paul (owner/coach at Carolina Crossfit here in columbia, sc) and they asked if I would be interested. I had bought the DoWin's this summer so I said sure!

Weighed in at 71k, so was in the 75 weight class, for which I was the only one, so I got the medal

Snatch: 32, 35, 38(f) The last one I pressed up slightly. Should've had it - it didn't feel that heavy. I've done it a couple of times in training.
C&J: 46, 49, 52 - made all these! 52k (115#) is a pr - I've only gone up to 112 in training once.

It was a great time, everyone was super friendly and encouraging. I'm going to try now for the National's Masters in April in Savannah. An O-lifting competition and CF certification (Baltimore) in one month! Kick A##!
Wow those are nice numbers/total!! See ya in April but I may still be in the baby weights! Wish more women got involved here!!