CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Garrett Smith

Profile:
What a great day for a workout.

So, we had 9 people there total, with plenty of KBs, dowels/PVCs, and the park fitness course.

I gave a quick intro to KB swings, and everyone did one round of the CFWU modified to their needs.

Then each person picked an exercise, I chose alternates/modifications or harder options, and then we put them in order and chose the rep numbers. We were looking for a workout that would last 15-20 minutes.

So, here was what we ended up with, with modifications listed:

15 dips or pushups or knee pushups
15 one-legged squats per leg (there were elevated platforms in the fitness course for these, at three different heights)
15 KB swings, overhead or head level, or KB deadlifts (we had 53#, 35#, 24#, and 18# KBs)
15 walking or stationary forward lunges (per leg, so 30 total)
15 pullups or body rows
15 squats
15 knees-to-elbows or situps
1 trip across the horizontal monkey bars, then over the vertical monkey bars, then turn around and come back the way you came (vertical then horizontal)
1 trip running/walking around the jogging track (I swear it has to be 1/2 mile)

I think most people were finishing in the 13-16' range, so mission accomplished.

It was great to meet the CFers (some completely new to it) in Tucson and surrounding areas. Thanks to all for coming. I'm now even more highly motivated to get the Tucson affiliate going!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
Scott Ponte

Profile:
Was deffinetly an awesome experiance for me as a new CFer. Was great meeting everyone and I had an awesome time. Thanks to Garret and everyone for sharing thier experiance with me and I really hope we can keep the Tucson CF going and open up an affiliate!

Old 04-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
Neil Wattier

Profile:
Great job to everyone involved. Looking forward to meeting you all when I get there.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #4
Yael Grauer

Profile:
Nice meeting everyone!!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:13 AM   #5
Garrett Smith

Profile:
For any other Tucson CFers out there and who couldn't make the workout (or didn't know about it, I forgot to email the Yahoo! Tucson CF group, D'OH!!!), there is a Yahoo! email group that will make it easier to receive notifications about these things (if you aren't regularly checking this message board, and assuming I remember to send the notice, natch). I've already sent email invites out to those who attended Saturday's workouts, for those who need to know how to join, go here w/f safe: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tucsoncrossfit/

Chauncey, I had difficulties with your email address, will you try going to the above site and joining on your own? By the way, I'd highly suggest that people go check out Chauncey's artwork at www.chaunceyhomer.com w/f safe, quite incredible if you asked me!

So, in the future, I will be posting notifications about Tucson events *both* to this message board and to the Tucson CF email group--I promise.

Also, for you Arizona people who haven't noticed it yet, there is a CrossFit cert scheduled in Flagstaff in October. If you're interested in training folks at the new facility, make sure to start saving up to go to it now! I'll be applying to get my CF Level II, here's hoping...

(Message edited by guerilastrength on April 08, 2007)
Old 04-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
Peter A Donovan

Profile:
WOW.. Cfers in Tucson!! Great to see I'm not alone in Tucson. I'm a new member but I have been doing crossfit for about a year now! I will check out the yahoo link for sure!! Later}
Old 04-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #7
Yael Grauer

Profile:
Hey, Tucsonans, just so you know, Loft Cinema is going to rescreen FIGHT CLUB on April 27th at 8, and the screenwriter Jim Uhls will be there, breaking the first rule of Fight Club. And it's only five bucks. I'm sooo there.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
Garrett Smith

Profile:
Now that the group workout went so well, I want to get some Hooverball games going...

Does anyone know what the proper weight for basic Hooverball is? I know Dynamax sells a ball for it, just don't know which one...

Fight Club sounds fun. I haven't watched that DVD in a while. Used to watch it all the time.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #9
Yael Grauer

Profile:
The original weight was 6 lbs.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #10
Sol Agramont

Profile:
Sounds like you guys had a blast during that workout. I wish I could've been able to make a trip to Tucson then. Also wish I could make a trip for Fight Club, but my plans are for a visit to Tucson in June.