CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #11
Yael Grauer

Profile:
Matt--I sent him an e-mail, I'll let you know!
Old 01-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #12
Kenneth Urakawa

Profile:
Well, since I haven't been on the boards much this week (trying to actually work once in a while), several of the folks I know have already jumped in. I've got a few more people I can put you into contact with if you're interested, just email me.

(And we are in Tempe, but I just generalize to Phoenix metro)
Old 01-19-2007, 10:06 AM   #13
Tim Weaver

Profile:
There's also a guy in Casa Grande, John Crowe, who has started Crossfit Arizona

http://www.crossfitaz.typepad.com/
(link family and work safe).

The hiking down there is great. Note that this region is an area that has heavily traffic of both illegal immigrant groups and drug-smuggling operations. If you are at all inclined toward gun ownership, you might consider taking a pistol along for self-defense. Seriously. And, if you do so, make sure you get the book "Arizona Gun Owners Guide" by Alan Korwin. Excellent resource (www.gunlaws.com).

(this isn't meant to turn this into a political discussion on guns or immigration policy. It's merely a fact of the area).

Ken - I am certain Tempe would be displeased with you lumping them into "Phoenix Metro". :D

(Message edited by timw on January 19, 2007)
Old 01-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #14
Garrett Smith

Profile:
Sol,
drsmith at doctorasteacher dot com
Old 01-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #15
Sol Agramont

Profile:
Garrett,
I just emailed you. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #16
Kenneth Urakawa

Profile:
Good catch, Tim, I certainly didn't mean to leave out John.

Nice to see the All-Arizona team all chiming in here. We really need to organize some sort of state-wide competition or get-together.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #17
Yael Grauer

Profile:
I vote for meeting at Rocks and Ropes in Tucson to do some climbing! Followed by impromptu Parkour. Or maybe we could all go to Ken's next Olylifting class--I know I'll be there.

Btw, Dr. G., I just heard today that you can get natto at Yoshimatsu, the Japanese restaraunt on Grant and Campbell. Or so I was told by some folks who were at the lacto-fermentation workshop put together by the local Weston Price chapter. We are looking for a local source of lard if you know of any.

If there's other Tucsonans reading this, there are a bunch of people who are interested in getting together to buy a case of fermented cod liver oil for from Green Pastures in April, if anybody's interested. I'm also always looking for people who want to get in on grass-fed beef orders as well. AND I just found a really good boxing coach... Gotta love Tucson!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #18
Garrett Smith

Profile:
Yael,
I have had the natto at Yoshimatsu. It was interesting, nothing half as bad as many people's reactions to natto that I had read before (typical of me and "weird" foods).

I don't know of any local source of lard, not something I've been looking for.

This is the first I've heard of GP's fermented cod liver oil (I'm surprised, as I'm a good customer and I would expect they would notify me, then again, it is GP after all). I tried to research it on their site and it says I don't have access to that page (again, typical GP). I typically order enough Therapeutics Blue Ice Gold (caps and oil) for my practice that I can definitely help out with an initial order of the fermented stuff--I absolutely have to try it first before I'll recommend it, people hear "fermented" and they think rotten, combine that word with CLO and they'll stop coming to my office point-blank!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:00 AM   #19
Yael Grauer

Profile:
I guess the fermented CLO will not be available until April. I would try just calling them. I hear it tastes pretty nasty.

Sorry for hijacking the Sierra Vista thread! Still waiting to hear back from my friend.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #20
Sean Peters

Profile:
Never had an issue concering the illegal traffic of immigrants/drugs and we climb along the border often for days. We see lots of water drops and caches and weary looking folks along the more heavily traveled backroads but just wave and move on. Do not let the "immigration" scare limit where you hike, you would be missing out on some great places!!!