CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #11
Scott Bradley

Profile:
Jeffery Gitomer. Little Red Book of Sales. He's slightly abrasive, but his message is clear. All about building relationships & selling on value. More or less, getting people to buy & not selling them. He has a free weekly newsletter he puts out as well. Check him out at www.gitomer.com
Old 04-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #12
Darrell E. White

Profile:
Hey Bill, is that Packy? Did you know he has another start-up?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:57 PM   #13
Bill Russell

Profile:
Darrell. Yes. workflow. Jr. is a really unique kid, Sr. is another story. We can talk offline. Have you read the book? How about Packy's website banner??!! He is one passionate MFer, you gotta love it......
Old 04-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #14
Sol Agramont

Profile:
Scott,

I signed up for Gitomer's newsletter. Very interesting read. I'll add it to my shopping list of books. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #15
Adam Head

Profile:
Sol,
I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned Jim Labadie or Ryan Lee. I've been in the fitness industry for about 4 years, and these guys know how to market! Check them out. I recommend Velvet Rope Marketing.
www.jimlabadie.com
Old 04-20-2007, 05:30 PM   #16
Sol Agramont

Profile:
Adam,

Thanks for the link. I'm checking his site now.
Does it contain practical information on how to market fitness services? I haven't read any of the works of Jim Labadie or Ryan Lee but I have stumbled on some sites from others selling similar products lately searching about marketing and many just say the same things, like "become the local expert", "write a book" and things like that.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:24 AM   #17
Adam Head

Profile:
Sol,
You are right in that some of their advice is the same stuff you here over and over again. I have made great use of Jim's publicity kit, the velvet rope marketing DVD (it works wonders), and the public speaking kit, as well as the Ultimate Sales Kit. Sometimes I'm sitting there thinking, "Well, now I know how to do what I knew I should be doing." If that's understandable. But, like everything, they work for me, they may not for you. He has a lot of free downloads available from the site, and through his news letter. I would definitely sign up for the newletters. Lots of ideas and reminders there. Hope that helps.
Adam
Old 04-21-2007, 12:19 PM   #18
Sol Agramont

Profile:
Adam,

Thanks. Sounds like what I'm looking for. Others just say things you should do but don't even tell you how to even begin to do any of them. Any suggestion as to which of his products would be a good start?

Old 05-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #19
Bill Russell

Profile:
Hold the phone!

I've just getting into a new book I got at a eMarketing seminar. Duct Tape Marketing by John Jantsch. He was the keynote speaker ( very good by the way) and we got a copy of his book for attending.

I am only about 1/3 into it but I have to say that it is probably the most valuable book on marketing I have ever found. Simple, clear ideas that will work for our small businesses as well as large. I go maybe two or three pages and have to put it down for an hour to make notes and rethink my current ideas.

Michael Gerber wrote the Foreword and Guy Kawasaki wrote the Afterword. All he needs is Coach to give him the nod and he'll be really big time!!

I don't think it's in paperback so if you can't afford it now, go sit in Borders for an hour or so and read the first couple chapters. You'll have plenty of ideas cooking already.

He's got a site, w/f safe
http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/
Old 05-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #20
Wayne Nelson

Profile:
I have found Question Based Selling (T. Freese) very usefull in generating more effective interactions with people, discovering their needs, exploring solutions and then how to get them understand that my services are their best decision.

It really helped me to understand the process of developing a relationship with a potential customer and how to effectively move through that process to a close and beyond.