CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-31-2014, 06:24 PM   #61
Steven Thunander

Profile:
Re: Can't decide on a bar...

To further complicate things, the Again Faster Klokov bar drops in a few weeks.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:46 PM   #62
Mike Hollister

Profile:

yeah, and at that point you may want to just hold out for for Black Friday... I'm going to have a tough time. I have one space on my rack for a 20 kilo bar to compliment my DHS. Klokov is in the running. So is rogue satin chrome. Vaughn bar... sort of but a dark horse.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #63
Kyle Hougendobler

Profile:

Our gym hasn't had good experiences with Again Faster bars. They all start to bend. I can even tell when back squatting with a Rogue vs AF. I had a 3 month old member even tell me while snatching this doesn't feel right. I hope they have resolved this issue.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #64
Steven Thunander

Profile:

If for some reason you absolutely want an Eleiko bar, the XF bar can be had for $599 and the sport training bar 20kg can be had for $699.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #65
Joey Allen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Thunander View Post
If for some reason you absolutely want an Eleiko bar, the XF bar can be had for $599 and the sport training bar 20kg can be had for $699.
Got any links Steven? I've never seen the Eleiko Sport Training bar for less than $799 shipped.

Also, this thread has been fun, but if you're from the good ole U.S. of A., I think you need to think long and hard about buying a quality AMERICAN made bar. The Rogue oly bearing bars are just hard to beat for the price, and they're employing American workers. Don't need a bearing bar? Lucky for you, they have PLENTY of bushing bars made here too. I just can't see any reason to spend my money elsewhere. Just my opinion.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #66
Steven Thunander

Profile:

http://bumperplates.com/eleiko/eleik...-bar-20kg.html (WFS) The Eleiko sport training bar 20kg $699

http://bumperplates.com/eleiko/eleik...-20kg-men.html (WFS) Eleiko XF bar 20kg $568.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:34 AM   #67
Anthony Cosentino

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Hougendobler View Post
I had a 3 month old member even tell me while snatching this doesn't feel right.
I'm not sure a 3 month old should really be snatching. I'd wait until they are at least out of diapers.

-TJ
Old 09-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #68
Snir Golan

Profile:

Thank you everybody for the great feedback and discussion!!! i figured that i would post an update and tell you that i finally decided on the Pendlay HD Bushing Bar from MDUSA. The main reasons why i decided to go with this bar are:

1) 28mm
2) bright zinc (i did not want black zinc)
3) great reviews
4) American made
5) i love the idea of supporting the MDUSA team
6) Resale value (i think that it will be much easier to sell a brand name like Pendlay or Rogue since they are well known not only in the CF community but also in the WL and Bodybuilding community)
7) i am pretty sure that when i decide to step to a bearing bar it will be to the Pendlay so it would be nice to already be used to the knurl

i already posted my full review of the bar here:

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showth...00#post1241400
Old 09-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #69
Steven Thunander

Profile:

I know. My next bar will likely be a Rogue Oly or a Pendlay NB bar. I have lifted on the 2009 Pendlay NB bar and it is a charm. Pendlay NB's also go on sale from time to time, as well as the rest of the MDUSA site (Hint to the wise). Also, all my bumpers are from MDUSA. But, my experience with Rogue makes me lean in that direction as of now.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #70
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Thunander View Post
I know. My next bar will likely be a Rogue Oly or a Pendlay NB bar. I have lifted on the 2009 Pendlay NB bar and it is a charm. Pendlay NB's also go on sale from time to time, as well as the rest of the MDUSA site (Hint to the wise). Also, all my bumpers are from MDUSA. But, my experience with Rogue makes me lean in that direction as of now.
yeah, the MDUSA sales definitely makes them VERY attractive which is why i ended up with their competition plates. last time they had a sale, their NB went for about $440 which is a steal for a quality bearing bar.