|05-22-2014, 07:16 AM||#1|
Seeking L-1 Coach in Southern Indiana
A young but rapidly growing CrossFit box is looking for a full time/ part time CrossFit coach in the Evansville, IN area. Possessing experience in coaching classes of 12-20 athletes in all areas of CrossFit is preferred. Must be already Level 1 Certified. I am looking for a legitimate COACH who takes pride in their craft. Not an athlete who coaches because they HAVE to for a free membership. The coach should understand this is a lifestyle and a passion and not just a 9-5 JOB. Coaches are paid per class wages along with some paid hourly “open gym” times, which I know is unheard of in the CF world. Myself and 2 other coaches have 4+ years of coaching CrossFit experience and are looking for someone to fit in with our emphasis on COACHING our athletes and not just being a WOD facilitator. The following is my list of Coaches Expectations given to ALL coaches:
1. Enforce and obey all Rules.
2. Actively COACH each class while emphasizing proper form, technique, and movement standards. This means walking around to each athlete, giving positive cues, constructive cues, and tactile cues. WOD facilitators will NOT be tolerated.
3. Coaches will be required to continually learn from other coaches and educate themselves, outside of the gym to become better coaches.
4. Coaches will read, follow, and support the designed programming.
5. Coaches will be expected to maintain positive working relationships with athletes and coaches.
6. Coaches are required to keep the facility and equipment in good working order at all times. Each coach should leave the gym in AS GOOD or BETTER condition than they found it.
7. Coaches need to be proactive, independently motivated, and good problem solvers. Take the time, energy, and initiative to think ahead. Anticipate problems before they occur and consider contingencies.
8. Keep me informed. I would rather hear significant information from you rather than from someone else. I would also rather be over informed rather than surprised by not being informed.
9. Each coach needs to treat the facility as if it were his or her own affiliate. Their own investment. Their own dream.
10. Your professional development is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. I fully support all coaches, but ultimately, the initiative for developing your knowledge, skills, and abilities must come from YOU.
Please respond with current position, affiliation, and certifications, etc… Feel free to give me some of your opinions on CrossFit at firstname.lastname@example.org For example, Athlete vs Coach? Strength bias? Programming philosophies etc…
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Southern Indiana CrossFitters||Tyler A Payne||In Search of CrossFitters||6||09-11-2013 12:00 PM|
|Crossfitters in Southern Indiana||Drew Murray||In Search of CrossFitters||0||07-19-2012 05:46 AM|
|Southern Indiana Crossfitters||Morgan Franklin||In Search of CrossFitters||3||04-26-2012 07:36 PM|
|Garage gym/possible new box in southern Indiana||Ryan Becher||In Search of CrossFitters||0||10-19-2011 10:17 AM|
|Crossfitters in Southern Indiana||Doug Martin||In Search of CrossFitters||0||06-23-2011 11:55 AM|