CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 AM   #1
Kieran Hartnett

Profile:
I went to the gym last night and did a few rounds of assisted pull-ups and air squats. Unfortunately my form must suck even worse than I thought, because during the third round of squats I noticed a twinge in my mid-back. Nothing painful; just a threat.

I stopped the squats immediately and decided I could maybe finish up with a few incline push-ups, using the bar of a smith machine. Just as I was about to lower the bar for a second set I felt another small twinge and abanded the gym altogether for a quick (very light) swim and a soak in the jacuzzi. I took a couple of ibuprofen when I got home, but have occasionally noticed just a very small twinge since.

My question is really this: How worried should I be? Do I need to see a chiro, or just lay off the exercise for a few days? If possible I really want to be ready to go again by Saturday, when I'll have a trainer to sort out my form. Ideally I'd like to do *some* sort of workout tomorrow too, which I might consider if the twinge has disappeared by then.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
Kieran Hartnett

Profile:
Update: went to an osteopath this afternoon, he prodded me for half an hour and told me I had nothing more than a mild strain, and just to ice it every night and lay off any weight-bearing exercise (including lifts, pull-ups and rowing) for a week.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
Connie Morreale

Profile:
whew!