CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Alex Saveski

Profile:
Rogue Men's Training Bar

I haven't seen any reviews on the Rogue Men's training bar (shown in the link below). Does anyone have an opinion on this bar. Is this worth the extra money over the standard Rogue bar for practicing the fast lifts?

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-20...aining-bar.php (WFS)

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
Tyler Sullivan

Profile:
Re: Rogue Men's Training Bar

That's a new one to me. I don't see how it could be better than the Rogue Bar. Rogue Bar = lifetime warranty and cheaper than this bar. I wouldn't go with that bar. If you are going to spend that much on a bar, go with a Pendlay.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Kent Newland

Profile:

Yeah, I have no idea what the advantages of the training bar are over the regular Rogue Bar. If it was me, I'd just go with the Rogue Bar. I have one already, and I love it.

Kent
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Keith Miller

Profile:

Don't know about the warranty issues, but this bar is 28 mm dia bar, and the Rogue bar is 28.5 mm with dual marks. If you have smallish hands, you may have problems with getting a solid hook grip on the 28.5 mm bar in the snatch grip.

I used to have a Chapman bar that was 28.5 mm and I had a tough time hook gripping the bar, but when I went back to a 28 mm bar, no problems!! You wouldn't think that 0.5 mm would be that different, but it will matter!!

Like others have said, if there is no warranty on this bar, then maybe the Pendlay bar would be better??!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
Tim Nakashima

Profile:

There's a warranty on that bar as well. It's made with stronger steel than the Rogue bar, maybe that makes for the price difference? Seems a little steep for a bushing bar.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
Chris Decker

Profile:

I have quite a few bars in my gym. Werksan , Rogue bar, Black Jack, Ivanko, TPB, and one Rogue Training Bar. My favorite bar by far is the Rogue Training bar. It has the perfect spin for an all around bar. Not too much spin when un-racking a heavy bench but spins well enough for heavy cleans. I have always been someone who doesn’t like how much an eleiko spins. It has softer knurling than the Rogue and Black Jack bar which like. It has the same steel as the Black Jack and from what I understand it is the same bar as the old Pendaly bar. At $370 it is a bargain. If you are looking for one bar to do everything it is the way to go. I always end up grabbing that bar because it just feels right in my hands.