CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Mike Groth

Profile:
Tricep Tendonitis w/ Traction Spur

I've had this elbow issue for quite a while now and its just not getting any better.

When it first developed the Dr gave me a cortisone shot and I rested it a bit then went back to working out with no pain. Well the pain came back about a year later....I was going into a fire academy and the Dr gave me another cortisone shot a few weeks before the academy and the elbow held up through academy.

The pain came back shortly after academy in about December last year. Early this year I was in a pretty bad accident and pretty much rested my elbow for about 3 months. When I went back to trying to work out the pain is still there and keeps me from doing pullups, bench press, deadlifts, pushups, etc. I've been icing it a couple times a day and taking a lot of NSAIDs and resting it. I was wondering if there are any Dr.s here that could give me a recommendation on what my next step should be? Shock wave therapy? Ive read a few sites where this has been recommended for tendon injuries with a traction spur.

Any advice will be appreciated. This elbow is getting quite frustrating.