CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 05-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
Sue Chen

Profile:
Sore and inflamed wrist

I have had a swollen wrist for a couple of weeks now, (just the right wrist, the left is fine). I originally thought it was from riding my motorcycle, (new to me, so coincided with the pain). But now I am thinking it started with the sp WOD on 4/20 and then reinforced with other WOD's with O-lifts (Elizabeth was the lasted killer of my wrist) and thrusters.

I have iced it and used a homiopathic (Arnica) both topically and under the tongue. It was feeling better, though still sore after using the wrist in either the WOD's or motorcycle riding. But after Elizabeth it is back to really painful.

Does anyone have any ideas on how hurt myself, (I am clueless, but thinking my form must be putting an extra tweak in the wrist). And what I can do to get it to heal. Would wrapping it for a while during the WOD be advisable, or just not doing any WOD that uses the wrist, especially overhead stuff and O-lifts?

I appreciate your input.
Sue
Old 05-07-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Sore and inflamed wrist

REST. Seriously... if you keep aggravating it then it will never heal... or get way worse to the point where it never heals or you're in constant pain or need surgery. Stretch it out, ICE as well. But rest is the main one.

As for how.. if you never worked out much and your wrists aren't used to rack position or having weight on it when it's extended then well it's kinda obvious.