CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
Alex Nisetich

Profile:
Returning to CrossFit with a variation

I have been laying off CrossFit for my entire rugby season, which will be drawing to a close within the next two weeks. I'm currently trying to create a program for offseason conditioning that will help improve my strength and power, while still building metabolic conditioning (at least for now, the goal is strength over metcon, but I don't want to ignore metcon entirely). For reasons of convenience, I will use a 5-2 split, training Mon. - Fri. and resting on weekends. The first two days of every week will be complementary ME lifting. The remaining three days will be CrossFit WODs as posted on the website, unless an ME WOD is posted, in which case I will substitute a metcon workout.
Over the longterm, my regimen will be divided into 4-week phases. In each phase, I will select two or three lifts to be done on ME days, such as deadlifts, squats, cleans, OHS, bench press, push press, etc. The first week of each phase will be done at 50% intensity, to prevent overtraining.
Hopefully, I will use this program for 12 weeks, transitioning to more sport-specific training afterward.

Please give any comments or suggestions you have. Has anyone done a similar program before? Did it give good results?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Returning to CrossFit with a variation

Alternate strength/metcon days might work better.

m,w,f strength; tu,th metcon

Otherwise sounds good.