CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
Kristian Wolowidnyk

Profile:
barbell shrugged road to the regionals online coaching

anyone follow their coaching, is it worth the money?

im looking for online coaching so if anyone has experience with BBS, or OPT, or anyone else please let me know, what your experiences have been

ive been following competitors training the last few weeks after a crossfit hiatus into powerlifting and now wanna hit the open hard next year and figure that having a coach will help best with that

thanks for the help

-kristian
Old 07-21-2014, 06:36 AM   #2
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Re: barbell shrugged road to the regionals online coaching

Don't have any experience with BBS but I know Comp Train, Outlaw, and OPT are among the top of the top. No they are not personalized but that doesn't mean that they don't or can't work for what you are looking for. Year after year they have produced more people going to the Games than any others I am aware of.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:05 PM   #3
Tate Dimech

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Wolowidnyk View Post
anyone follow their coaching, is it worth the money?

im looking for online coaching so if anyone has experience with BBS, or OPT, or anyone else please let me know, what your experiences have been

ive been following competitors training the last few weeks after a crossfit hiatus into powerlifting and now wanna hit the open hard next year and figure that having a coach will help best with that

thanks for the help

-kristian
You could follow Outlaw/Invictus for free and use this (WFS) or something like this if you feel like you need help with form. Might be contradictory to what you originally asked but could work none the less.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #4
Kristian Wolowidnyk

Profile:

thanks guys im gonna stick with the competitors wod and do the outlaw remote coaching

thanks for the replies
Old 09-03-2014, 08:26 AM   #5
Brian Lelli

Profile:

I've been following RtR for several months now. I'm a bit of a BBS fanboy, yep; but whatever

It's been fun and interesting but I'm at the point where I'm weighing the $100/mo I'm paying for it over the other (free) ones out there.

I will say, the initial start up of theRtR was pretty cool, lots of volume that definitely put some muscle mass on me. (lots of tempo dips = big chest)
Old 09-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Kristian,

FWIW, I do the remote coaching thing with Mike F. out of OPT Calgary, have been for a little over a year now. You can check my log for progress etc.

I have been very happy with what has gone on the past year or so. Previously I followed a free blog and also made great progress.

For me the main drivers are the fact that I may have different needs than the group "avatar" for some of the free blogs and something a little more intangible. I have to report back to Mike with my results every week so I train hard pretty much all the time. I found that because what I was doing was free it was sometimes easier to let life get in the way. YMMV. Plus I am paying for this so I haven't missed maybe a half dozen sessions in a year. Mike has a pile of clients (some very good ones as well) and a pile of data to compare to. He regularly sends target times to hit during training sessions. Some I hit and some I don't. It feels awesome when you hit home and feel let down when I don't.

I have checked out most of the other blogs. I think for value Mike is excellent but he ain't free.

PM if you want more information and I can let you in on it. You are close enough you could visit him and get heckled/heckle back with him too.