CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 04-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #281
Christopher Morris

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Open 2016

http://games.crossfit.com/article/le...eneral-manager (wfs)

New venues are being considered for the 2017 CrossFit Games. I think this is a great idea. The Games outgrew the tennis stadium a couple years ago.

Where do you think the Games should move to? Your city?
Old 04-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #282
Jacob Burns

Profile:

Anyone notice who finished 68th worldwide in the men's 40+? I don't expect a lot of you to recognize the name since for the most part he came up for the most part during the pre-bok years............... Mr. Rob Orlando.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #283
Michael Cook

Profile:

The problem with the Stub Hub Center is that the Tennis Stadium is too small for the marquee events, and the soccer stadium is too huge.

I think they could move the Games to a venue that has an arena that can fit 10-20,000 people for the Individual competition and Masters, Team and Teen Finals right next to a convention center where Masters, Team and Teen with seating for up to 1000.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:06 PM   #284
Jeff Railsback

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Burns View Post
Anyone notice who finished 68th worldwide in the men's 40+? I don't expect a lot of you to recognize the name since for the most part he came up for the most part during the pre-bok years............... Mr. Rob Orlando.
Rob was one of the OG's. He kind of dropped off the radar for awhile. Glad he is back.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:27 AM   #285
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Yes was cool to see how Rob Orlando would do. Wonder if he moves up in the MQ. Crossfit is getting tough when he is in 68th place in the 40+ but we don't know how much he has been training. Cool to see other past games individuals like Josh Everett and last few years OPT in the mix. I believe some others from the early years like Jeff Tincher, Jerrome Perryman and I am sure others.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:42 PM   #286
Jeff Railsback

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor J McQuaide View Post
Yes was cool to see how Rob Orlando would do. Wonder if he moves up in the MQ. Crossfit is getting tough when he is in 68th place in the 40+ but we don't know how much he has been training. Cool to see other past games individuals like Josh Everett and last few years OPT in the mix. I believe some others from the early years like Jeff Tincher, Jerrome Perryman and I am sure others.
Congrats on qualifying! Looks like Orlando just missed the cut.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:02 PM   #287
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Funny I missed the cut and Rob got the nod. The deadlift seemed to be the key to the Master's qual. Thanks to 2 major back injuries left me with a lacking dead lift. I would like to see what a old school beast games guy does with the likes of the 40+ guys in the division. Wonder if Ram can get a three peat. With that nasty broken spiral fracture he had in the off season what a come back.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:45 AM   #288
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Funny I missed the cut and Rob got the nod. The deadlift seemed to be the key to the Master's qual. Thanks to 2 major back injuries left me with a lacking dead lift. I would like to see what a old school beast games guy does with the likes of the 40+ guys in the division. Wonder if Ram can get a three peat. With that nasty broken spiral fracture he had in the off season what a come back.
Noticed that in your results... you hit 85th with 432lbs and just a 10lb increase would have jumped you up to 69th place and you would have been home free.

But at this level things are very tight and 5 seconds/lbs/reps can make a massive difference.

Keep your suitcase ready.... and fingers crossed
Old 04-29-2016, 11:18 AM   #289
Jeff Railsback

Profile:

Quote:
Sorry man. I must have looked at it before the results were finalized. Hope the back gets back to normal.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #290
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Regionals- wow they are dropping the hammer so many squat snatches 30 of them all will be heavy at the pace they go. 10 min or less. The days of a friend in the box getting the nod to go to Regionals are over!

Then event to strict muscle ups 40 of them, 70 strict hspu and 120 70# kb snatches in 20 min.. wow that is some skill work for sure.

Wonder what day 2 and 3 look like? So far they look like separation of the field.