CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 05-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Joseph Patrick

Profile:
New to the forums.

Hello all,

I have been lurking here for a bit,taking in all of the great advice and info that everyone has to offer. I have been part of the croosfit central gym here in Austin for about four months until recently when the new house payments took first seat,so tring to pay an additional $150 a month for class 2-days a week just wasn't possible.

I know find myself following the WOD and putting myself through my own workout...the hardest adaptation was not having fellow classmates along for the "ride" withme,but it's helping me dig that much deeper for the motivation.

I have a garage-gym equipped with a power tower,various kettlebells and a jumprope along with a 100 lbs. heavybag. For heavy day I still head to the gym as I have not bought a 45 # bar with any weights yet.

I look forward to continue these amazing workouts and to pick your brains as much and often as I can to get this thing down right.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Peter Williams

Profile:
Re: New to the forums.

Welcome aboard - hope you're able to get a 45-pound bar soon, but it sounds like you've got a few of the necessary things anyway. You'll be able to motivate yourself in spite of not having a peer group to bond with, just check in here often!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Joseph Randall

Profile:
Re: New to the forums.

Joseph, I am doing the workouts alone also. Keep posting, it will help you stay motivated. 120 PU's and Dips tomorrow!!

Joe
Old 05-12-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
Chris Rebmann

Profile:
Talking Re: New to the forums.

I am also new to the forums. I have been messing around XFit for a while now but I have not fully dedicated myself to it until now. I will be doing the on my own because I do not believe that their is a XFit location near Peoria, IL that I could do my training at. I was wondering where the best place to find the equipment that is used in many of the exercises? I hope someone can help me out and I am happy to be here.