CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #11
Edward Krotz

Profile:
Re: Wrist Guards?

i have a set of Inzer wrist straps from my powerlifting days
Old 08-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
Matt A. Windsor

Profile:
Re: Wrist Guards?

There ARE times where one almost needs a wrist wrap. I'm one case. I've had double carpal tunnel release surgery, and a first dorsal release on my left wrist.

At BEST, I can usually do moderately heavy weights during exercises that stress the wrist/hand (such as front squats @, say, 185#) with wrist wraps. There are some days I can't even do them with the wraps on, depending upon my mobility. HOWEVER, withOUT the straps on, it hurts to do even something 'light', such as 135# front squats.

I'm told by my doc that the reason is because the small bones in your wrist/hand are more easily 'impinged' upon now that the nerves have been released from the carpal tunnel; and wearing the wraps helps keep the bones, muscles, tendons/ligaments and nerves in their proper places.