CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 07-25-2005, 08:53 AM   #1
Grant Dumas

Profile:  
I feel light-headed after doing back-ext. I believe I am breathing correctly, slow controlled breath on the way up and slow controlled in on the way down. I have a light meal about 1-1.5 hrs. before hand. Does anyone else experience the same problem?
Old 07-25-2005, 09:43 AM   #2
Sebastian Montgomery

Profile:

Could is just be from hanging upside down?
Old 07-25-2005, 02:01 PM   #3
Daniel Hinds

Profile:
i think this could have occured from the meal. what u should do is try not to eat so close to training sessions however what u should do is say what that "light" meal as u said contained.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:00 PM   #4
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Do you get this when doing handstands? Then being upside down is the issue and your body will adapt.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:28 AM   #5
Grant Dumas

Profile:  
Beth, I think my body does need to adapt to being upside down. As far as pre-workout meal goes. I usually wake up 4:00 A:M and have yogurt mixed w/protien pwdr., piece of whole grain toast mixed with either almond, peanut, or cashew butter. Then I workout around 5:30-5:45. So my prework out meal is actually closer to 1.5-2 hrs away.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:18 AM   #6
Daniel Hinds

Profile:
trust me that aint a like snack....but yes behind upside down may be the problem; however, eating so close to training is very problematic in terms of breathing and sluggish behavioural characteristics...my prework out is some light carbs and water lol...so i boost my energy up a bit...i eat like wholewheat biscuits and water

well i dont believe in training so early but there isnt anything wrong with it...scientist say that u burn off fat easier due to all the stuff u ate during the night and that u feel refresh during the day....however to during the afternoon or evening is good time to train cause u feel refresh due to your usually daily activities, thus, u perform better and more efficient and to me more calories are taken up during the day than the morning

but in the morning i do basic calisthenics and a lil cardio like pullups, pushups, dips, bodyweight squats to start off the day feeling refreshed

anyway thats my opinion
Old 07-26-2005, 10:22 AM   #7
Barry Cooper

Profile:
I get that too. You're just moving the blood around in your body. It passes in about 3 seconds. No worries.