CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #601
Meghan Reid
Member Meghan Reid is offline
 
Meghan Reid's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia  PA
Posts: 2,475
Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Aurelio View Post
Monday 4.20.09

"1/2 Angie"

50 Pull ups (purple band)
50 Pushups
50 Thigh touches (1+1=1)
50 Squats

10:13 *PR

Last Time:


I've been hitting a lot of PRs lately... and it's weird how I haven't even really noticed. I keep feeling like I'm not doing enough? I'm itching to train harder and see what I'm capable of. Definitely want to start doing more Oly lifting and gymnastics work. I think I'm going to do a daily skill-work of handstands, planks, push ups, pull up work, etc. Not too much, but just enough to get moving and put work into it all.
Broad Street run in 2 weeks time..


In times of stress... lift more weights.
GREAT job on this one. I feel you. I wish there was more time in the day for playing at the gym.
__________________
Strength is more than just the number of plates on the bar. It is everything that is overcome with each lift. - Liz Edmonds My log (WFS).
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #602
Samantha Aurelio
Member Samantha Aurelio is offline
 
Samantha Aurelio's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlantic Highlands  NJ
Posts: 1,832
Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delita Wright View Post
Sam, Whoa-HO what a great ANGIE! I un-heart knee push-ups so much I'm thinking going straight from box push-ups to the real deal. Congrats to you! Delita
Thank You! Yeah, pushups are tricky. I was doing knee for a while but I'm not a huge fan of them. I would vary them up. Do the heavier sets of pushups at the knee but then try to get a few working sets of good clean full pushups. That's what Erin used to set up with me. Seems to have worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McGinley View Post
Great job on Angie today. You maintained a nice, steady, fast pace through everything. You're squats were FAST.
Thanks Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan Waldeck View Post
GREAT job on this one. I feel you. I wish there was more time in the day for playing at the gym.
Thank you, ma'am. Hopefully I'll be seeing you sooooon? Lets get tea this week. MMmmmk? <3

---

Tuesday 4.21.09
~8 hours of sleep. Could have slept way, way more.

CFCC WOD
Back Squat 5x3


Warm Up
45x10
95x5

Working Sets
115x3
125x3
135x3
145x3
155x2 (f on 3)
*PR for reps



I love barbells...
__________________
"Strength Anywhere is Strength Everywhere" - CFCC Mantra (wfs)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:57 AM   #603
Laura Kurth
Member Laura Kurth is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Boston  MA
Posts: 2,476
Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

wowza, getting strong on the squat Sam! woohoo!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #604
Karis Yusavitz
Member Karis Yusavitz is offline
 
Karis Yusavitz's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philadelphia  PA
Posts: 484
Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Aurelio View Post
Monday 4.20.09

"1/2 Angie"

50 Pull ups (purple band)
50 Pushups
50 Thigh touches (1+1=1)
50 Squats

10:13 *PR

Last Time:


I've been hitting a lot of PRs lately... and it's weird how I haven't even really noticed. I keep feeling like I'm not doing enough? I'm itching to train harder and see what I'm capable of. Definitely want to start doing more Oly lifting and gymnastics work. I think I'm going to do a daily skill-work of handstands, planks, push ups, pull up work, etc. Not too much, but just enough to get moving and put work into it all.
Broad Street run in 2 weeks time..


In times of stress... lift more weights.
Hey Sam, this is awesome!! (if there was an arrow, it would be pointing up - haha) ... I will have to try your recommendation of doing heavier sets of pushups at the knee and then trying to get a few working sets of good clean full pushups, especially because I struggled doing knee pushups with this WOD!

Also... nice work with back squatting! you kicked it!
__________________
"And if at first you don't succeed. Dust yourself off and try again. You can dust it off and try again. Try again." (Aaliyah. ovi.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #605
Jesse Emers
Member Jesse Emers is offline
 
Jesse Emers's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Port Orange  Florida
Posts: 3,739
Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

Nice work on the Angie and squats Sam!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #606
Alyson Terranova
Member Alyson Terranova is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cherry Hill  NJ
Posts: 553
Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

Nice back squat Sam!!! And congrats on your PR for 'Angie'!

I can't believe the Broad Street run is so close Have you registered yet? (I haven't)
__________________
My Log
CrossFit Tribe
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #607
Meghan Reid
Member Meghan Reid is offline
 
Meghan Reid's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia  PA
Posts: 2,475
Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

I saw that back squat number on the board and I was like, holy hell! Great job!

Yes, tea, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE. You need to force me away from my desk. Maybe Thursday? We'll tawk.
__________________
Strength is more than just the number of plates on the bar. It is everything that is overcome with each lift. - Liz Edmonds My log (WFS).
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #608
Samantha Aurelio
Member Samantha Aurelio is offline
 
Samantha Aurelio's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlantic Highlands  NJ
Posts: 1,832
Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Kurth View Post
wowza, getting strong on the squat Sam! woohoo!
Thaaaaaaanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karis Yusavitz View Post
Hey Sam, this is awesome!! (if there was an arrow, it would be pointing up - haha) ... I will have to try your recommendation of doing heavier sets of pushups at the knee and then trying to get a few working sets of good clean full pushups, especially because I struggled doing knee pushups with this WOD!

Also... nice work with back squatting! you kicked it!
Yeahh work on that push up! and thank you ma'am. Aren't barbells fun? hah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
Nice work on the Angie and squats Sam!
Thanks Jesse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson Terranova View Post
Nice back squat Sam!!! And congrats on your PR for 'Angie'!

I can't believe the Broad Street run is so close Have you registered yet? (I haven't)
I registered with my school a few weeks back. I'm scared. I'm feeling a forced run tomorrow needs to happen. And maybe a short 2-3 miles run every day from now on. Seriously.. oof.

Thanksssss <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan Waldeck View Post
I saw that back squat number on the board and I was like, holy hell! Great job!

Yes, tea, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE. You need to force me away from my desk. Maybe Thursday? We'll tawk.
Thanks, I do what I can
I'm stealing you. Tomorrow. Mmk.

--

So. I would just like to DOCUMENT this conversation I just had online with a friend I haven't seen in a like 3 weeks-ish:

Me: yo yo

Tom: heyya
yo, why are you so jacked sam
seriously

Me: whaa? what did i do now hhaha

Tom: haha even from the seats, you look so strong now

Me: aw. thanks  ive been working hard

Tom: i was like whoa, sam's guns are bigger than mine

Me: HAHAHA




Victoryyy!
__________________
"Strength Anywhere is Strength Everywhere" - CFCC Mantra (wfs)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #609
Laura Kurth
Member Laura Kurth is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Boston  MA
Posts: 2,476
Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

That is so awesome!! woohoo, you are 'jacked'
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #610
Samantha Aurelio
Member Samantha Aurelio is offline
 
Samantha Aurelio's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlantic Highlands  NJ
Posts: 1,832
Re: The Samantha Sessions : A New Journey.

Wednesday 4.22.09

75# "DT"
5 rounds
12 Dead lifts
9 Hang Power Cleans
6 Push Jerks


24:24


grr to hang power cleans.

my body is mad at me.
and life is being unfair.



can I please go home yet?
__________________
"Strength Anywhere is Strength Everywhere" - CFCC Mantra (wfs)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
client sessions Stephen Macioci Running a CrossFit Facility 2 04-15-2008 05:38 AM
The finest physical training sessions Andrew H. Meador Workout of the Day 0 11-17-2007 01:15 PM
CFPC Samantha Workout? Neil Beevers Workout of the Day 2 08-21-2007 09:53 PM
Hitting the wall during long sessions Adam Levenson Nutrition 4 07-19-2007 09:47 AM
Number of sessions per week Lance Breeden Starting 4 10-18-2006 06:43 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.