CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
Frank C Ollis

Profile:
Did anyone else watch the Ultimate Fighter finale?

Man that fight between Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar was a war. Talk about being fit!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
Jeremy Bloniasz

Profile:
It was the best UFC fight I've seen. Can you believe Forrest complained about his conditioning at the post fight interview? I would have had heart failure.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
Frank C Ollis

Profile:
How smart was his laying off a little in the second, and coming back strong in the 3rd.
They had to give him the 1st and 3rd, and Stephan the 2nd.
That was amazing.
I would probably have called it a draw, although I think Forrest squeked it out.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:45 AM   #4
Jeremy Bloniasz

Profile:
I called it Forrest too but only because I had to pick a winner. I thought sudden death overtime was needed. Unbelievable fight regardless.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:55 AM   #5
Kevin Anderson

Profile:
I thought it was a draw myself but when they said it was a decision my wife and I both thought that they were going to give it to Bonnar and I think Bonnar thought so too. It was a great fight.

The first fight went as I expected. Diego gave the other guy one nasty cut on his nose. I didn't think that Rich Franklin would pummel Ken Shamrock like that though. Shamrock was very classy after the loss though. More UFC this weekend, I'm hoping to PPV it.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
Daniel Overvoll

Profile:
Great fights!! I thought that Kenny would have lasted longer against Diego, despite the weight/strength difference.

I also was thinking the Bonnar-Griffin fight was too close to go to a decision and they'd need a 4th round. But UFC offering 2 contracts was a great move and very classy.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:37 PM   #7
bill fox

Profile:

Here's what I don't get - Kenny Folrian is BJJ black belt (uh-huh) and Bonner trains with Carlson. The blue belt/purple belt class at Maxercise is light years beyond any jujitsu I saw either of them do even in training, let alone the fight, where there about 4000 missed opportunities for takedowns.

The conditioning in the Bonner/Forrest fight was unreal, BUT some of the need for that was because they were both hack grapplers. Tough, tough guys, but....

Just IMO

Bill
Old 04-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #8
jason todd

Profile:  
i thought the second fight was everything it was built up to be, although i would have loved to see more grappling and submission tries rather than just an all out brawl, the first was rather good and the fight with Shamrock was just not all there, he slipped twice and the other guy capitalized on that. i agree with the UFC offering two contract on that deal though
Old 04-11-2005, 01:58 PM   #9
Laura Rucker

Profile:
I thought the Bonnar/Griffin fight was AWESOME. I'm not an expert on any fighting but the way they just kept going full bore the entire time made me giddy!

I watched it on TIVO again the next day and it was just as exciting even knowing how it came out.

I'm glad they both got contracts, too. Messy messy fighting but dang, that was exciting and they both are just too funny to listen to. Lotta heart, lotta class. They'll both bring in a lot of fans.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:26 PM   #10
Mark Gebhard

Profile:
I got a good chuckle when Griffin said on live tv that he would pawn the watch he won for a lot of money. I'm sure the sponsor (some Vegas jeweler) was real happy with that.