CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 06-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
It's hard to put on Latch's Jacket if you have multiple people working out and anly one rowing machine. Of course that means I will be getting another C2 soon but I wanted something for this afternoon. I came up with the name half way through the workout when I wondered if I was going to be able to chew what I had bitten off. I decided on two runs and two rows and the addition of pullups and pushups and came up with:

Row 1000/Run 800
50 Push Press with 75 lbs
25 Pullups
25 Ring Pushups

Set two switches the row for the run or vice versa and the same reps of the same exercises.

Sets 3 and 4 are 500 for the row and a 400 m run and the same reps/exercises again.

Took me 40:20 and was really brutal. Whatchu got on this one George? I had to break everything up, even the pullups which are usually my strong point. Maybe putting on Latch's Jacket just a couple days ago puts more Despair in my Cloak.

Enjoy your own suffering and let me know if it was hard for you too. Maybe I'm just getting soft.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
Andy Shirley

Profile:
So, for clarity: for time...
1. Row 1000, 50 PP, 25 PU, 25 Ring Pushups.
2. Run 800, 50 PP, 25 PU, 25 Ring Pushups.
3. Row 500, 50 PP, 25 PU, 25 Ring Pushups.
4. Run 400, 50 PP, 25 PU, 25 Ring Pushups.

With the run/row interchangable on 1-2, and 3-4.

Right?
Old 06-18-2006, 12:06 AM   #3
GEORGE FISH

Profile:

A personal challenge from Eugene? Love it! Will go to work this week sometime - schedule is fairly busy and I may need to wait until the weekend for access to the C2. The runs are really going to make this intesesting for transition to the Push Press.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:33 AM   #4
John Velandra

Profile:
So for the rowing we could do SDHP as a sub right??
Old 06-18-2006, 06:31 AM   #5
Darrell E. White

Profile:
Eugene:

Massive!! Tuesday is my major met-con day each week. Looks like I know what's coming in two days. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #6
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Andy you have it right. The idea is to have a workout for two people and one rowing machine. George, you were such an animal with Latch's Jacket I thought you'd like this adjustment. Yes John, but not a completely accurate one. I'm not sure of the exchange rate though, or the weight. I'm going to guess you do 100 reps for the 1000 meters and the normal 75 lbs would be too heavy for that. Does anybody know the official SDLHP weight and rep sub for rowing? My pleasure Doc, you will really suck wind on this one. I found it difficult...no that's way too generous, I was unable to go straight through without rest stops during the exercises, I had to pause several times for each set.

Have fun everyone, I'm eager to hear how it makes you feel.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
Ian Carver

Profile:
I am going to try this one next week, it looks brutal. The recommended rep/weight sub for rows to SDLHP is 1 high pull for every 10 meters at 45 lbs for men and 30 lbs for women. So that means I get to do a total of 200 lovely high pulls....greeeeaaaat. I did the subs once before for several sets on a WOD and it sucked the life outta me. I'll let you know how it goes, Eugene.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:07 AM   #8
John Velandra

Profile:
Thanks Euene,
Don S mentioned swins as a suitable sub. 2 swings equals aprox 1 pull.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #9
Darrell E. White

Profile:
Gene's Cloak of Despair
Subbed 25 20# DB Push Press/regular push-up on DB

Round 1: 1000 Row OK, I think the subs will work. Feeling pretty good. Thinkin' I'll finish.

Round 2: 880 run...Oooo, that's no fun. OMG, two more rounds! OK, I think I'm OK; a little out of breath, I think I can...

Round 3: 500M row...can't breath...gotta make it to weights...push-p r e s s...pull-ups--don't puke, don't puke...push-ups, can't breath, why can't I feel my legs, for the love of God don't lie down, must keep breathing, dark, the cloak...
Old 06-20-2006, 11:30 AM   #10
Darrell E. White

Profile:
OK...it's getting lighter...no, thanks, Idon't need CPR...just please take the cloak off...the cloak, the dark...oh, right, nothing there...damn, crashed and burned after 3 rounds!

You are a sick, sick man, Eugene. Now I need 8 hours of sleep and a bowl of Wheaties! Look forward to getting after this one again. Thanks!