CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:08 AM   #11
Graham Tidey

Profile:
Greatest. Avatar. Ever.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #12
Ken Thynes

Profile:
Lemme get back to you in a year. That'll give me roughly 2yrs in. I'm kind of a lurker, but I don't follow the WOD's that well, and instead am doing a modified version of the girls (angie, linda, and barbara) for 3 days a week, a day of heavy (for me) powerlifting, and then one of the posted WOD's for the one or two days remaining, then a rest day when the gym is shut down. I've never posted a WOD time since I do them sporadically and my times suck. So far, things have collectively been very positive, and fun. "Crossfit-blood, sweat, and lots of crying"
Old 02-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #13
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
As you could tell by my post count, I've been here a while! No negatives, full blown positives. My only injury (which I'm still recovering from) in 3 years happened about a month ago, due to my own stupidity.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #14
David Werner

Profile:
Nearly four years now. Had such good results that we (Nick Nibler, Robb Wolf and I) started the first afiliate.

Dave Werner
www.crossfitnorth.com
Old 02-02-2006, 08:25 PM   #15
David Wood

Profile:

3 or 3-1/2 years or so.

Training has been somewhat erratic . . . most of that time I've been on a 3-days-a-week schedule, at best (stupid "real life" keeps getting in the way). In that time, I've also had 4 or 5 significant (6 - 12 week) layoffs due to business hassles. Last 3 months I've *really* tried hard to stay with the 3-on-1-off schedule, and it's paid off.

Besides making me profoundly more fit than I ever was before in my life (despite a long history of bodybuilding, running, and god know what else), the most amusing thing to me about CF is the cosmetic benefits. CrossFit has brought me *much* closer to an aesthetic ideal than years of BB-oriented training did. (Still a ways to go however, and not even CF can correct short, ugly, and stupid . . . it can just make me short, ugly, stupid and fit!)
Old 02-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #16
Michael Pearce

Profile:
Only good for me as well. the only bad thing I can think of is if I don't do the WOD, I feel like a fat slug then.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:25 AM   #17
GEORGE FISH

Profile:

Been doing crossfit for 2 years now. Helped me complete an Ironman triathlon. Now I am just just focussing on Crossfit. As enthusiastic as ever, only minor injuries that I would expect from training anyway.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:46 AM   #18
Don Woodson

Profile:
A couple years or so.
I lurk once in a while, hardly ever post anymore,
(Been warned at work).
Still do (some of) the WOD, sometimes. Sometimes I just run the hills and do some burpees and pullups. Maybe caber toss a log around the woods, chop wood etc. I do try to pay attention to which metabolic pathway I'm supposed to be working.
The best thing about Crossfit for me is, I can take a ten or twelve week layoff, jump back in, put up with a couple days DOMS, and be almost right back to where I'd left off. Plus the fact that I've learned so much about my own body from these folks. I now know how my body will react to different types of stimuli, be it diet or exercise.
The absolute best thing about Crossfit though, is walking into a hotel in Florida carrying my suitcase in one hand, and my dive bag in the other. Porter offers to carry my dive bag. I hand it to him, dive bag jerks porter to floor. Priceless.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #19
Beth Moscov

Profile:
I will be two years old in June. I love it. Best thing for me. It has changed my life in all ways - including my job. And now that I run my own gym plus teach the kids at crossfit HQ, I don't have as much time to post. But I do read the threads and respond sometimes.

Some benefits:

My whole family is doing this. Seeing my son excell physically at age 9 is awesome. I am very proud of him. My husband has worked through a few injuries and still gotten himself to looking like the man who made me swoon when we first met!

My ability to push myself beyond my limitations, physically and not physically have increased.

Until a recent flare up - my back has been the healthiest it has been in years. And even with the recent flare up, I ended up not needing surgery or even mildly invasive procedures. Doc and physical therapist say it is because I know how to do squats from CrossFit and because I am so strong.

Negatives:

I hit myself on the rings when we walk through the living room (they hang on a beam in the cieling there)

I have very little tolerance now for people who complain a lot and say they can't do things. This has caused me to distance myself from one or two people who used to be really good friends.

(Don - the dive bag story is great. I have had things like that happen to me too!)

(Message edited by beth_moscov on February 03, 2006)

(Message edited by beth_moscov on February 03, 2006)
Old 02-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #20
Justin Arnest

Profile:
I am 2 years old last month. I get the cf journal and I am a lurker. I made it down to HQ once when my wife and I were driving through but there was only one guy there. It was still cool to see the gym!
I have nothing but respect and admiration for Coaches Greg and Lauren, and the Crossfit family that makes this thing so amazing.
I usuall track about 3 days behind on the wod's sometimes skipping a set due to softball games, basketball games, and hunting. Because I am behind in the wod's I rarely post my performance and comments anymore.
I thouroughly enjoy the message board and hope to connect with local CF'ers in my area someday, as well as make it to a seminar, a workout at CFHQ, and a visit to CFNorCal.
When I firsted stumbled on this site, I was skeptical so I signed up with an alias - Eagle Eye. If I knew then, what I know no, my user name would have been my real name.
Later,
Justin in Roseville.