CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Larry Larned
Member Larry Larned is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Westampton  NJ
Posts: 45
Strength Shop USA

Has anyone ever dealt with this company? They have a few bars that are on sale for what looks like a steal! Any thought?

https://www.strengthshopusa.com/weekly-specials.html (WFS)

Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Struan Potter
Member Struan Potter is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gloucester  UK
Posts: 712
Re: Strength Shop USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Larned View Post
Has anyone ever dealt with this company? They have a few bars that are on sale for what looks like a steal! Any thought?

https://www.strengthshopusa.com/weekly-specials.html (WFS)

Thanks!
I don't have dealings with the USA branch, but Strength Shop originates out of Scotland. Great customer service, decent kit. Does the job. Wouldn't say they're any better or worse than Again Faster or Rogue. But then I'm a weightlifting snob who prefers Eleiko to everything.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
Bryan Selent
Member Bryan Selent is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fairfax  VA
Posts: 113
Re: Strength Shop USA

I bought a pair of their bumper plates from their eBay store and everything went well. No issues.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:01 AM   #4
Chris Jones
Member Chris Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte  NC
Posts: 790
Re: Strength Shop USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Selent View Post
I bought a pair of their bumper plates from their eBay store and everything went well. No issues.
How are they holding up Bryan? 100 bucks for a pair of 45s seems too good to be true.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
Bryan Selent
Member Bryan Selent is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fairfax  VA
Posts: 113
Re: Strength Shop USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
How are they holding up Bryan? 100 bucks for a pair of 45s seems too good to be true.
They aren't bad, but aren't good. I'm no great lifter by any means, and they don't see a daily barrage of olympic lifting, but they have been holding up fine so far.

I have used many brands of bumpers and I would say that these are the poorest quality I have seen. They still do the job, but for $20-40 extra, you could get something better. Im in the market for a few more bumpers and I won't be getting these again.

If you're on a strict budget and just want something to do the job, then these should work.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #6
Larry Larned
Member Larry Larned is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Westampton  NJ
Posts: 45
Re: Strength Shop USA

Thanks for the replies, guys. Turns out the bars have a center knurl, so I'll be going with something else... prob one of the new Rogue's or the AF Team BB.
Thanks, again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:57 AM   #7
Chris Jones
Member Chris Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte  NC
Posts: 790
Re: Strength Shop USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Selent View Post
They aren't bad, but aren't good. I'm no great lifter by any means, and they don't see a daily barrage of olympic lifting, but they have been holding up fine so far.

I have used many brands of bumpers and I would say that these are the poorest quality I have seen. They still do the job, but for $20-40 extra, you could get something better. Im in the market for a few more bumpers and I won't be getting these again.

If you're on a strict budget and just want something to do the job, then these should work.
thanks for the reply man, sometimes you DO just get what you pay for.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The WOD Shop Richard Macaulay Fitness 1 09-09-2012 01:58 PM
How to shop for a box Erin Hightower Starting 4 09-09-2011 02:40 PM
Where do you shop? Frank Menendez Nutrition 7 12-07-2006 08:13 PM
Fabrication Shop/Now Design Shop Pierre Auge Equipment 4 07-22-2006 05:21 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.