CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-13-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
Kawika Harbottle

Profile:
Looking through the services link today on what was offered as far as Trainer Certification. I noticed that there was no home-study version for the po' folks 1000s of miles away across the Pacific.

The point here being not if there can be a home-study certification program established, but...

How could we learn, besides reading journal back issues and WOD experiences, to operate a wide spread training program say for a Fire Department. Right now I am starting very small by using just word of mouth via the crew I work with. All four of us do CrossFit, but strictly WOD. I was wondering if there will be perhaps a journal issue in the future that may help with formulating a program.

Oh I ran a search on just the term "certification" and didn't see any posts on this subject.

Mahalo...
Old 03-13-2005, 09:50 PM   #2
Carrie Klumpar

Profile:
FYI, CFJ #14 (Oct 03) is all about group workouts. I know that doesn't address the main part of your question, but, if you're not already familiar with it, you might find that issue useful in thinking about some aspects of putting together a departmental training program.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
Keith Wittenstein

Profile:
I think you ask nicely ($$$), some of the crossfit trainers will come to you and put on a little seminar (torture you).

Old 03-14-2005, 04:36 PM   #4
Kawika Harbottle

Profile:
Carrie Klumpar - Thank you for the suggestion of CFJ #14. Have that one and have been using it to make a training program to present to our steering committee who is planning out a department wide program.

Keith Wittenstein- thank you also for the suggestion of 'asking' for a 'seminar'. Never thought of that. I think that will take some time though. After getting a moderate following of fire personnel then I will consider it, otherwise there would only be 2 or 3 people willing to participate, but only one who would come up with the $$$. I wouldn't want to waste a CF Trainer's time.

Mahalo for the responses. They were helpful.

Kawika
Old 03-14-2005, 06:08 PM   #5
Keith Wittenstein

Profile:
You're welcome. I'm sure it won't be hard to find a Crossfit trainer to come to Hawaii and it will be cheaper to fly one trainer to you than for 5-10 of you to go to Santa Cruz.

Also search the boards for group workouts. There are lots of great ideas on here.