CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Bob Guere

Profile:
Functional WOD

Well, with all the intentions of keeping up with the WODs, I was detoured by life again. My main water line into my house burst and created a large, wet sink hole next to my house. Since my house is new, I called the builder and he came out and fixed it. We left for dinner to let the PVC cement setup and dry. About 4 hours later, we came home, turned on the water and went about our business.

About 9 o-clock, we noticed the water pressure in the house decreased way down, eventually to nothing. So I went outside to find the line completely burst again... no a HUGE mud mess. This time I just fixed it myself.

So my workout consisted of lifting shovelful after shovelful of very wet dirt out of a hole 2-3 feet below ground level. Probably 100 or more shovelfuls. So I figure thats like doing 100 KB swings ... or sumo deadlifts except at the end you throw the bar!

Water saturated dirt is VERY heavy... that's the lesson of the day.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Shawn Casey

Profile:
Re: Functional WOD

Yep that's pretty functional. Yeah, but do you ever notice that doing "real world" functional stuff isn't as fun as doing it when your working out?

Shawn
Old 03-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Bob Guere

Profile:
Re: Functional WOD

I hear that. I was lifting those shovelfuls saying to myself... "this is like kettlebells, except this really SUCKS!".