CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 06-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
Robert Kikuchi

Profile:
Pull-up bar with Speed Rail Fittings

I'm in the process of re-doing my pullup bar in my garage. My current set-up is with 1" galvanized pipe connected with 90 degree elbows to a length of 2x6which is mounted from the ceiling trusses. As it is only 1 person can comfortably use it at a time. My plan is to modify it so that it will also attach into the wall, which would allow 3 people to use it at once. I've read a lot of good things about the Speed Rail fittings. Can anyone who has used the Speed Rail fittings and flanges in a similar set-up tell me exactly which fittings (part no.) they used and which size will fit 1" galvanized pipe? I'm thinking the #9 side outlet elbows, the #43 round wall flanges for attachment to the wall, and either #42 round base flange or #45 square flange for attachment onto the 2x6. Does this sound about right?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Ahmik Jones

Profile:
Re: Pull-up bar with Speed Rail Fittings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Kikuchi View Post
I'm in the process of re-doing my pullup bar in my garage. My current set-up is with 1" galvanized pipe connected with 90 degree elbows to a length of 2x6which is mounted from the ceiling trusses. As it is only 1 person can comfortably use it at a time. My plan is to modify it so that it will also attach into the wall, which would allow 3 people to use it at once. I've read a lot of good things about the Speed Rail fittings. Can anyone who has used the Speed Rail fittings and flanges in a similar set-up tell me exactly which fittings (part no.) they used and which size will fit 1" galvanized pipe? I'm thinking the #9 side outlet elbows, the #43 round wall flanges for attachment to the wall, and either #42 round base flange or #45 square flange for attachment onto the 2x6. Does this sound about right?
I would use th #45 flanges for both the wall and the ceiling. I am not sure that the #43 attaches to the wall with bolts. #42 is not made to accept 1" pipe.

Both #9 and #45 come in 1" size. You just need to specify the size when you order. Another option for attaching to the wall or ceiling is #47 (Rectangle flange).
Old 07-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
Robert Kikuchi

Profile:

Thanks Ahmik!

Did you order the fittings directly from Hollaender?
Old 07-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #4
Ahmik Jones

Profile:

We have a store in town that has them in stock. Industrial Metal Supply. There are several places on the web that carry them.