CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
Derek Simonds

Profile:
A little background. My wife and I recently sold our gymnastics studio in Deland FL (East Central Florida) and I need to open another business soon (tax reasons).

I am passionate about CF and am willing to partner with the right person to open a facility. By partner for clarity I mean I will provide the cash upfront and the business experience required to start a new endeavor. Whomever I partner with will be in charge of the day to day operations, training and curriculum we provide. I have several different business models that will allow my partner to buy out a larger share of the business as we grow.

I am the national sales manager for a consulting and advertising company and am not planning on leaving my job (lord willing and the creek don't rise as we say in the south). My wife is a fantastic gym manager with experience running multiple facilities and will provide all the required support for billing, registration, legal, accounting and advertising.

My goal is to provide CF along with some sport specific training for younger athletes and martial arts. The SST is a big deal down here in FL and I believe that there is a significant opportunity for growth.

I have always hired employees based on their level of passion and am looking for the same thing in a partner. If you are passionate we can be excellent together.

I am committed to this and thought the best way to get this out would be to post in this part of the discussion board to start. Any thoughts are welcome and if you are interested please email to begin discussions.

Derek
Old 11-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
Joe Marsh

Profile:
Derek, I sent you an email.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #3
Joey McIninch

Profile:
Derek e-mail coming from here also.http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/4680/33409.jpg
Old 11-29-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
Jamaal Dixon

Profile:
I would like to talk with you more can you please send me an email or I could shoot you one jdhatc@gmail.com
Old 01-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
Richard Paul Ham-Williams

Profile:
Ah If only you were in England....sigh ;)

Seriously, good luck to you and whomever you partner with

RPHW
Old 01-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #6
Nathan Sobczak

Profile:
If you guys start hiring trainers drop me a line.