CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Michael McCoy.

Profile:
Reebok VR6000 CrossFit Games Glove Review

Hey all if anyone is interested in the Reebok VR6000 glove used at this years Games I just posted a full review.

You can check it out here:

http://therxreview.com/review-reebok...t-games-glove/ (WFS)

Full disclosure: I wrote it for a website I run.

Cheers Michael
Old 12-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Re: Reebok VR6000 CrossFit Games Glove Review

I just want to point out that these can be found at many online retailers and sold as batting gloves. Ive seen them for cheaper on these sites, and just want to pass this on.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
Michael McCoy.

Profile:
Smile Re: Reebok VR6000 CrossFit Games Glove Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
I just want to point out that these can be found at many online retailers and sold as batting gloves. Ive seen them for cheaper on these sites, and just want to pass this on.
Your right Andrew. However when I did try and purchase these gloves from several other sites including Amazon I found most were only selling the single glove ie because they are batting glove.

There were some retailers that did sell both and they were cheaper but then I had the problem that they would not ship to Australia. The downside is Reebok does ship internationally but it is extremely expensive and actually costs more than the glove.

Can you believe they actually charge $50 for the shipping to anyone internationally just for a single pair of gloves! Now I know it doesn't cost them that much and I do understand they have to make a profit for their time but common $50 just to have them shipped then another $40 for the gloves it is a little steep. Although they are one of the only options most international purchasers have hence the link.

Its sometime why I wish I lived back in Wisconsin again.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Jose Sanchez

Profile:

Great review! When I saw the gloves being worn in the games I too decided to try them. I did not purchase the $40 reeboks, I went to the sporting goods store and bought a pair of nikes for $20. Same results as you had. Overall they were useful, especially in high rep pull-ups.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
Brian Michaelson

Profile:

18 Dollar UA gloves that I used during baseball season..

40 bucks is on a pair of batting gloves
Old 12-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

My wife keeps telling me to get gloves for my high rep pull up WOD's but I've been ok with chalk and tape. For me I think there's something about taping up and preparing for a WOD with 150 pullups.

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but taping up has just become part of my pre-workout routine/mental prep.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wintczak View Post
My wife keeps telling me to get gloves for my high rep pull up WOD's but I've been ok with chalk and tape. For me I think there's something about taping up and preparing for a WOD with 150 pullups.

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but taping up has just become part of my pre-workout routine/mental prep.
I felt that was as well but I was using too much tape and that stuff isn't cheap so I just bought some of the gymnastics style grips from again faster. Doesn't feel as good since they are thicker than tape but my hands really thank me (and my wallet for not having to buy so much tape all the time)
Old 12-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
Ron Murray

Profile:

I have been using the Premier III's for about 2 months now and I think they're rather fantastic for most things not related to bar work. I severely destroyed my left pinky about 3.5 months ago and ever since then every time I try and perform pull-ups or overhead grip with with a lot of pulling a few of my fingers go numb on that left hand. I wore a pair of crappy gloves to finish a WoD one night and noticed that this seemed to help drastically.

As luck would have it my box is directly across from an indoor batting cage and they sell these gloves. Of the different types I honestly felt like these had the better feel for my giant mitts. Got them for $23. I only use them for high volume KTE, T2B, Pullups but overall they have help up well.

I don't think they're a be-all-end-all for people trying to avoid hot spots and tears on their precious hands, but in a pinch or for someone who is having grip issues because of tears these things (and probably any other batting gloves) should do the trick.

Now having said that I long for the day when I can ditch them.