CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #7451
Brad Allen Jones
Banned Brad Allen Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muskegon  MI
Posts: 4,706
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

What's so bad//why were they taken down?

Looks like pretty normal athletic training to me....? What I saw anyway...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #7452
Kainoa Bostock
Member Kainoa Bostock is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston  MA
Posts: 99
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

I saw the weirdest thing (not sure if it counts as an exercise/lift) today at my school's gym. A student was (of course) in the squat rack, using a barbell as a sort of spear, holding it at a 45 degree angle to the ground, and stabbing upwards with it. Has anyone ever seen/heard of this?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:00 PM   #7453
Chris Diamont
Member Chris Diamont is offline
 
Chris Diamont's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: King  NC
Posts: 264
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Ochsner View Post
Lesson here, clean your gosh darn fans Chris
Oh one of the many reasons I no longer go to that gym!!!

The other day I did a METCON where I did dead lift and Burpee's. it was touch and go DL and I was using the bumpers in the gym. After my last set the girl working there comes to me as I am doing my set of Burpee's and tells me to stop dropping the weight because someon complained about the noise. I told her I didn't drop the weight and even if I did they are bumpers which is what they are made for. She said to stop or I would be fined. I asked why they had bumpers in the gym she responds by saying its not her fault.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #7454
Brad Allen Jones
Banned Brad Allen Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muskegon  MI
Posts: 4,706
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Diamont View Post
Oh one of the many reasons I no longer go to that gym!!!

The other day I did a METCON where I did dead lift and Burpee's. it was touch and go DL and I was using the bumpers in the gym. After my last set the girl working there comes to me as I am doing my set of Burpee's and tells me to stop dropping the weight because someon complained about the noise. I told her I didn't drop the weight and even if I did they are bumpers which is what they are made for. She said to stop or I would be fined. I asked why they had bumpers in the gym she responds by saying its not her fault.
Things that make you go derp.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #7455
Brad Allen Jones
Banned Brad Allen Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muskegon  MI
Posts: 4,706
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainoa Bostock View Post
I saw the weirdest thing (not sure if it counts as an exercise/lift) today at my school's gym. A student was (of course) in the squat rack, using a barbell as a sort of spear, holding it at a 45 degree angle to the ground, and stabbing upwards with it. Has anyone ever seen/heard of this?
Sounds like either virtual shoveling (kinda dumb) or a "landmine" type exercise?

Was the end of the bar jammed in the corner of the floor and wall.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #7456
Kevin Benson
Member Kevin Benson is offline
 
Kevin Benson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parker  CO
Posts: 253
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Skinny-fat dad telling his skinny-fat son to "go big or go home" while bicep curling with 15 pound dumbbells.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #7457
Chris Diamont
Member Chris Diamont is offline
 
Chris Diamont's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: King  NC
Posts: 264
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Benson View Post
Skinny-fat dad telling his skinny-fat son to "go big or go home" while bicep curling with 15 pound dumbbells.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #7458
Brad Allen Jones
Banned Brad Allen Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muskegon  MI
Posts: 4,706
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Benson View Post
Skinny-fat dad telling his skinny-fat son to "go big or go home" while bicep curling with 15 pound dumbbells.
I live for moments like that. Lately I've been going to the high school gym and that is pretty common. Kids benching for max reps and they clearly have nothing left in them, spotter is letting them struggle though...

"Come on!!! YOU GOT ONE MORE!!!"

"...Oh, yeah you're right, just let me manufacture some more ATP instantaneously!"

Classic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #7459
Chris Diamont
Member Chris Diamont is offline
 
Chris Diamont's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: King  NC
Posts: 264
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
I live for moments like that. Lately I've been going to the high school gym and that is pretty common. Kids benching for max reps and they clearly have nothing left in them, spotter is letting them struggle though...

"Come on!!! YOU GOT ONE MORE!!!"

"...Oh, yeah you're right, just let me manufacture some more ATP instantaneously!"

Classic.
Love the spotter in the high school gym that up right rows the weight while the guy is benching. Hey two people working out as a group though I guess. I don't know which is more impressive, the guy trying to bench 300 that can only bench 200 or the guy upright rowing 300!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #7460
Pearse Shields
Member Pearse Shields is offline
 
Pearse Shields's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palmerston  New Zealand
Posts: 1,798
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
I live for moments like that. Lately I've been going to the high school gym and that is pretty common. Kids benching for max reps and they clearly have nothing left in them, spotter is letting them struggle though...

"Come on!!! YOU GOT ONE MORE!!!"

"...Oh, yeah you're right, just let me manufacture some more ATP instantaneously!"

Classic.
To be fair, getting psyched up for a lift makes a huge difference.

Used to have a client who I'd talk smack to to get him fired up. Stuff like "Come on princess, I'm not here to lift the weight for you, you gotta give me more work". He'd be struggling, I'd p!ss him off, and then he'd get another extra couple of reps.
__________________
If it had parents, eat it till you're full My YouTube

Last edited by Pearse Shields : 04-01-2013 at 12:59 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is X-fitting at a Globo gym?? Alex Reynolds Fitness 73 01-27-2014 01:20 PM
Why I love Globo-gyms Corey Cedeno Community 18 03-18-2008 12:10 PM
Quit my globo gym? Tim Luby Equipment 7 02-26-2008 03:49 PM
Globo Gym training Shane Bradbury Running a CrossFit Facility 20 12-14-2007 08:03 AM
Globo-gym issues Leslie Ap Stuff and Nonsense 21 12-06-2007 05:55 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.