CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 02-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #1
Antti Akonniemi

Profile:
Creating a new web-service for coaches, athletes and affiliates

Hello everyone!

I know this is not really about equipment, but since the service has a strong focus on affiliates I thought this is the appropriate place.

Background: 6 out of 9 employees of our company go to CrossFit and I personally do some coaching too. We've been looking into existing apps and services out there and we thought that we might have something to offer for the community.

In short SPAMis a web-service (we'll also have mobile apps later) that provides:

Coaches: Understand your athletes current condition, history and background better. Coach more often and even virtually.

Athletes: A tool that makes following your progress easier and shows you what to work on next (workouts, skills, strength) to become better CrossFit athlete. Move larger loads, longer distances, quicker.

Affiliates: Build a stronger community.

These parts of the service will be free for everyone. Later on we'll bring more business solutions for affiliates, such as payments, that will be paid services.

You can sign up for an invite to the private beta at SPAM.com (work safe)

A few questions:
- what are the biggest coaching problems for you?
- what business challenges does your affiliate have?
- what administration tasks you hate the most?
- any comments on our idea?

I know it's hard to imagine how it actually works We'll have more to show you during this month.

We appreciate every answer, comment and question you might have.

Thanks for your time,

Antti

Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Antti Akonniemi

Profile:
Re: Creating a new web-service (WODconnect.com) for coaches, athletes and affiliates

Hello again! We have no published screenshots and a bit more info in our blog:
SPAM.com(Work safe)

Again, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have and especially if you have any ideas / requirements for software like this.

Cheers,

Antti

Old 03-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
James Orr

Profile:
Re: Creating a new web-service (WODconnect.com) for coaches, athletes and affiliates

That's cool. It looks like a social network for CrossFit.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Antti Akonniemi

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Orr View Post
That's cool. It looks like a social network for CrossFit.
Thanks! We're really excited to start using it ourselves It'll bring athletes together like a social network, but the main focus (at least now) is to make coaching easier and tracking workouts more fun.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #5
Antti Akonniemi

Profile:

A little update on our progress. Since the last post we've added a bunch of new features and are in the process of rolling out payments for affiliates. You can read more about the coaching & tracking side from here:SPAM.com (Work safe)

As an affilate owner myself, I've been really happy with the service. The most beneficial thing for me has been the payment system (automatic payments + replacement of point of sales) and the coaching tool. It has made my life a lot easier.

If you have any questions about spam, please feel free to email me or comment here. We really want to make spam the best service for tracking your workouts, so we love any feedback!

Cheers,

Antti

Old 10-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Camille Lore

Profile:  

This is not a place to advertise. At all. You've agreed to the site rules, but ignored them already.