CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 10-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
Scott Greene

Profile:
Barbara 1st Rd PR

Ok, so my first round was 2:37, faster than the previous time I did this WOD, but my 5th Rd, was 18 seconds slower. And my total work time was 20 seconds slower as well 17:20 compared to 17:00 last time. so did I get a PR or not?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Justin McGinley

Profile:
Re: Barbara 1st Rd PR

nope.

This is like saying your ran the first 400m of a mile really fast, but you finished the race slower than last time.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Peter Williams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Greene View Post
Ok, so my first round was 2:37, faster than the previous time I did this WOD, but my 5th Rd, was 18 seconds slower. And my total work time was 20 seconds slower as well 17:20 compared to 17:00 last time. so did I get a PR or not?
Sounds like you might have gotten a single-round PR - hard to tell for sure from what you've typed - but your overall Barbara time is obviously not a PR if it is slower than your last time.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
Stephen Flamm

Profile:

When in doubt, read the exact wording on the post; in this case, it reads to post each round's time to the comments. In fact, it doesn't even say to post your total time. So, each round of "Barbara" is scored by itself. You set a PR on one round, and failed to do so on the rest. This is only good or bad depending upon what your goal for the WOD was.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Steven Ngo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Flamm View Post
When in doubt, read the exact wording on the post; in this case, it reads to post each round's time to the comments. In fact, it doesn't even say to post your total time. So, each round of "Barbara" is scored by itself. You set a PR on one round, and failed to do so on the rest. This is only good or bad depending upon what your goal for the WOD was.
someone needs to update the FAQ or the WOD post when Barbara gets posted on the main page.

In the FAQ it's simply "5 rounds for time", and that would appear as Barbara is for total time of all 5 rounds. Whereas when it's on the main page it's more detailed as "Five rounds, each for time..." and "Rest precisely three minutes between each round."
Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Herm Blancaflor

Profile:

I would say you got a first round PR, but not a "Barbara" PR. I agree with the 400m/1mile analogy as stated by Justin. Did you get a good workout? Are you asking the question because you're doubting that you really went 100% intensity for the rest of the 4 rounds?

What was your goal for the workout? If you got a great workout, and your body gets better because of the workout and you're not just gunning for PRs, I would say you're heading in the right direction.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
Peter Williams

Profile:

Quote:
Speaking of reading exact wording - read the exact wording of his post - he stated that his first round time was better than the previous time he did the workout - he does not say it is his best ever - i.e. a PR.

We will need to OP to return to this thread to clarify . . . .
Old 10-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
Stephen Flamm

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Williams View Post
Speaking of reading exact wording - read the exact wording of his post - he stated that his first round time was better than the previous time he did the workout - he does not say it is his best ever - i.e. a PR.

We will need to OP to return to this thread to clarify . . . .
Not sure why he would post a thread asking if he had a PR if his 1st round wasn't even the fastest he'd ever done.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
Peter Williams

Profile:

Quote:
Not sure why he would post a thread asking if he had a PR if his 1st round wasn't even the fastest he'd ever done.
Your interpretation may be correct.

I am not sure why he would post and not return to clarify.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:51 AM   #10
Scott Greene

Profile:

Thanks for your input, I did get my best 1st round ever!! and I tied my 3rd round score. all other rounds were a little slower. SO if I go by what the main site says I did Pr but only on Rd. 1.