CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
Andrew Peterson

Profile:
This is right near the town where I grew up. Can you imagine the monster that this kid could become with some serious training? It sounds like something out of X-men.

http://www.mlive.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/news-11/1179656224210880.xml&coll =8

(w/f safe)
Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
Damon Stewart

Profile:
I've got a son the same age and can't imagine this level of strength already. It's hard enough chasing him down the grocery store aisles, I'd feel bad if he could beat me in arm-wrestling before he was 5.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #3
James Besenyei

Profile:
It is amazing what the human machine is capable of with just a few tweaks!!! The important thing is that he is in a good home where he can learn to control his gift, and hopefully use it to enjoy a well rounded life. Incredible.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
Skylar Cook

Profile:
Gonna be a total musclehead though- I'm betting his brain growth will be stunted.

I wonder if his parents are accepting bets yet (for when he destroys Olympic lift records)?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:39 AM   #5
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Crazy. Reminds me of that lil buffed out hercules kid, Richard Sandrak.

With that low body fat, I would hope they are supplying a lot of fats in his diet. Not necessarily " bad " fats, but definitely a lot of Omega-3's.

I taught a pair of twins a handful of years ago in gymnastics. Actually there were 5 or 6 in the family at the gym ( none were particulary athletically gifted ), but back to these twins. They were actually diagnosed with opposing conditions. One was apparently very loosey-goosey, while the other was extremely tensile. Before gymnastics, Aaron ( loosey-goosey ) apparently had poor motor control. These conditions of course had official names but that was over 5 years ago. Alex, OTOH, was extremely tensile. He wasn't anywhere that strength but I used to call him Mr. Lever for a good reason. Then again, they were both not even 50 pounds at 6 years old; though Alex was one of my top boys in the strength tests.

While at client's earlier this year, this proud grandpa brought out his 3 yo who could do pullups, dips, handstands, etc after he found out I was a gymnastics coach.

My advice: get them in gymnastics! I think with most children ( especially atheletically gifted kids ) it's very useful to get them into a little bit of gymnastics early on to teach them gross motor control before they never explore such venues due to ball sports or other activities. Even if they never go anywhere in gymnastics, there are a lot of useful benefits to gross motor control and neural learning.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #6
Aushion Chatman

Profile:
You know what's weird is that it explains that it is actually something his body can't do (absorb myostatin) that gives him more muscle...so it's actually genetic destruction that has granted him this advantage...much like the flu virus that loses it's genetic code and thus becomes more impervious to vaccine.

I hope he does well, sometimes no known side-effects is not a good thing.