CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
Robert Callahan
Member Robert Callahan is offline
 
Robert Callahan's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zzyzx  CA
Posts: 1,626
Re: Oh Brock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
Dana White said that he thinks a Lesnar/Fedor fight is inevitable and is going to happen.
Fedor will run rampant through the UFC's heavyweight division and be left wanting more.... I wonder when his current contract is up, because I believe that is the main thing keeping him away from the UFC right now.
__________________
"I swear by my life and by my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #12
Brett Dartt
Member Brett Dartt is offline
 
Brett Dartt's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tacoma  WA
Posts: 983
Re: Oh Brock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Callahan View Post
Fedor will run rampant through the UFC's heavyweight division and be left wanting more.... I wonder when his current contract is up, because I believe that is the main thing keeping him away from the UFC right now.
his management team works with every fight organization except UFC because dana wants to much control and cheese. i posted a video a while back about how fedor would fight lesnar tomorrow if ufc would let it happen
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:49 AM   #13
Michael DeLuca
Member Michael DeLuca is offline
 
Michael DeLuca's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mt. Ephraim  NJ
Posts: 428
Re: Oh Brock...

Actually, it's quite the opposite, it's good for the sport.

If it was bad for the sport, you wouldn't be posting about it, ESPN wouldn't be running highlights, and the coverage would be non-existant.

Yeah, it sucks that a guy 4-1 in Mixed Martial Arts (3-1 in the UFC) is the undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion. I don't understand all the fanboi hate.
__________________
Crossfit Level 1 || 30/6'/192 | CrossFit Tribe || Support Steve's Club - Steve's Original | w/f/s
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:41 AM   #14
Doug Blankenship
Member Doug Blankenship is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas  NV
Posts: 1,306
Re: Oh Brock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael DeLuca View Post
Actually, it's quite the opposite, it's good for the sport.

If it was bad for the sport, you wouldn't be posting about it, ESPN wouldn't be running highlights, and the coverage would be non-existant.

Yeah, it sucks that a guy 4-1 in Mixed Martial Arts (3-1 in the UFC) is the undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion. I don't understand all the fanboi hate.
I agree. I do not like Lesnar, but what he did the other night was set the stage for a Mir vs. Lesnar (III). I highly doubt Dana is seriously ****ed off with Brock. Dana will make statements that his conduct won't be tolerated but at the end of the night Lesnar just made the UFC and Dana even more money with his outburst.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 AM   #15
Ned Ferguson
Member Ned Ferguson is offline
 
Ned Ferguson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Knoxville  TN
Posts: 435
Re: Oh Brock...

There is a difference between publicity and what is good for the sport. If Lesnar had been respectful people would still be talking about the fight. Clinton got a Lewinsky in the Oval Office. It created a media firestorm and now her name is synonymous with.... you know. That doesn't mean it was good for the presidency any more than the mere fact that there is buzz around Lesnar makes it a good thing for MMA as a whole. Should he go out and stomp a puppy for some additional attention?
__________________
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! God Bless America.

Last edited by Ned Ferguson : 07-13-2009 at 06:55 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #16
Dennis Barrett
Member Dennis Barrett is offline
 
Dennis Barrett's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: bogue chitto  ms
Posts: 168
Re: Oh Brock...

What's next for Lesner? Will he sneak a folding metal chair into the octogon while the ref is not looking?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #17
Jeremy Mathers
Member Jeremy Mathers is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fredericton  New Brunswick
Posts: 656
Re: Oh Brock...

I didn't have a problem with Brock playing the heel, he wants people to think he's a moron apparently.

However I was kind of surprised that the crappy announcer (not Joe Rogan) referred to Brock's wife as "Sable" when he was leaving the ring.

I understand that's how everyone knows her, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to call her by her real name instead of her WWF ring name?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #18
Doug Blankenship
Member Doug Blankenship is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas  NV
Posts: 1,306
Re: Oh Brock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
Should he go out and stomp a puppy for some additional attention?
No, of course he shouldn't. We've seen similar outburst/antics from other fighters, it's nothing new. The only new thing was disrespecting a sponsor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Barrett View Post
What's next for Lesner? Will he sneak a folding metal chair into the octagon while the ref is not looking?
I would actually like to see him jump off of the top of the Octagon, and slam his next opponent through a table........
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #19
Jeffrey Crawford
Member Jeffrey Crawford is offline
 
Jeffrey Crawford's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Melbourne  FL
Posts: 685
Re: Oh Brock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
There is a difference between publicity and what is good for the sport. If Lesnar had been respectful people would still be talking about the fight. Clinton got a Lewinsky in the Oval Office. It created a media firestorm and now her name is synonymous with.... you know. That doesn't mean it was good for the presidency any more than the mere fact that there is buzz around Lesnar makes it a good thing for MMA as a whole. Should he go out and stomp a puppy for some additional attention?
^This is correct. He is not good for the sport, he degrades what martial arts is all about, he is good however, for selling tickets, because I will continue to buy his PPV until he gets beat to a "living death".

That being said, fedor loses to Brock as does carwin. Overeem is his biggest threat. It is sad but true but he is just to big and athletic for fedor to overcome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #20
Michael DeLuca
Member Michael DeLuca is offline
 
Michael DeLuca's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mt. Ephraim  NJ
Posts: 428
Re: Oh Brock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Crawford View Post
That being said, fedor loses to Brock as does carwin. Overeem is his biggest threat. It is sad but true but he is just to big and athletic for fedor to overcome.
Agree here. I think Overeem is the only guy out there that poses a threat.

I disagree about bad for the sport. How is an NCAA champion wrestler bad for MMA? Because he has a F everyone personality. I actually envy that.
__________________
Crossfit Level 1 || 30/6'/192 | CrossFit Tribe || Support Steve's Club - Steve's Original | w/f/s

Last edited by Michael DeLuca : 07-13-2009 at 08:26 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brock gets Rocked Brock Jones Workout Logs 141 11-11-2008 12:03 AM
Randy Vs. Brock Jason Lopez-Ota CrossPit 2 11-03-2008 08:48 AM
Brock Press Article Mark Gleason Community 0 10-09-2008 10:58 AM
***** Kimbo Bring On Brock Travis Elliott CrossPit 57 07-11-2008 09:44 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.