CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 07-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
Robert Callahan

Profile:
Re: Oh Brock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
Dana White said that he thinks a Lesnar/Fedor fight is inevitable and is going to happen.
Fedor will run rampant through the UFC's heavyweight division and be left wanting more.... I wonder when his current contract is up, because I believe that is the main thing keeping him away from the UFC right now.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #12
Brett Dartt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Callahan View Post
Fedor will run rampant through the UFC's heavyweight division and be left wanting more.... I wonder when his current contract is up, because I believe that is the main thing keeping him away from the UFC right now.
his management team works with every fight organization except UFC because dana wants to much control and cheese. i posted a video a while back about how fedor would fight lesnar tomorrow if ufc would let it happen
Old 07-13-2009, 05:49 AM   #13
Michael DeLuca

Profile:

Actually, it's quite the opposite, it's good for the sport.

If it was bad for the sport, you wouldn't be posting about it, ESPN wouldn't be running highlights, and the coverage would be non-existant.

Yeah, it sucks that a guy 4-1 in Mixed Martial Arts (3-1 in the UFC) is the undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion. I don't understand all the fanboi hate.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:41 AM   #14
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael DeLuca View Post
Actually, it's quite the opposite, it's good for the sport.

If it was bad for the sport, you wouldn't be posting about it, ESPN wouldn't be running highlights, and the coverage would be non-existant.

Yeah, it sucks that a guy 4-1 in Mixed Martial Arts (3-1 in the UFC) is the undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion. I don't understand all the fanboi hate.
I agree. I do not like Lesnar, but what he did the other night was set the stage for a Mir vs. Lesnar (III). I highly doubt Dana is seriously ****ed off with Brock. Dana will make statements that his conduct won't be tolerated but at the end of the night Lesnar just made the UFC and Dana even more money with his outburst.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 AM   #15
Ned Ferguson

Profile:

There is a difference between publicity and what is good for the sport. If Lesnar had been respectful people would still be talking about the fight. Clinton got a Lewinsky in the Oval Office. It created a media firestorm and now her name is synonymous with.... you know. That doesn't mean it was good for the presidency any more than the mere fact that there is buzz around Lesnar makes it a good thing for MMA as a whole. Should he go out and stomp a puppy for some additional attention?

Last edited by Ned Ferguson : 07-13-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #16
Dennis Barrett

Profile:

What's next for Lesner? Will he sneak a folding metal chair into the octogon while the ref is not looking?
Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #17
Jeremy Mathers

Profile:

I didn't have a problem with Brock playing the heel, he wants people to think he's a moron apparently.

However I was kind of surprised that the crappy announcer (not Joe Rogan) referred to Brock's wife as "Sable" when he was leaving the ring.

I understand that's how everyone knows her, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to call her by her real name instead of her WWF ring name?
Old 07-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #18
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Should he go out and stomp a puppy for some additional attention?
No, of course he shouldn't. We've seen similar outburst/antics from other fighters, it's nothing new. The only new thing was disrespecting a sponsor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Barrett View Post
What's next for Lesner? Will he sneak a folding metal chair into the octagon while the ref is not looking?
I would actually like to see him jump off of the top of the Octagon, and slam his next opponent through a table........
Old 07-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #19
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:

Quote:
There is a difference between publicity and what is good for the sport. If Lesnar had been respectful people would still be talking about the fight. Clinton got a Lewinsky in the Oval Office. It created a media firestorm and now her name is synonymous with.... you know. That doesn't mean it was good for the presidency any more than the mere fact that there is buzz around Lesnar makes it a good thing for MMA as a whole. Should he go out and stomp a puppy for some additional attention?
^This is correct. He is not good for the sport, he degrades what martial arts is all about, he is good however, for selling tickets, because I will continue to buy his PPV until he gets beat to a "living death".

That being said, fedor loses to Brock as does carwin. Overeem is his biggest threat. It is sad but true but he is just to big and athletic for fedor to overcome.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #20
Michael DeLuca

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Crawford View Post
That being said, fedor loses to Brock as does carwin. Overeem is his biggest threat. It is sad but true but he is just to big and athletic for fedor to overcome.
Agree here. I think Overeem is the only guy out there that poses a threat.

I disagree about bad for the sport. How is an NCAA champion wrestler bad for MMA? Because he has a F everyone personality. I actually envy that.

Last edited by Michael DeLuca : 07-13-2009 at 08:26 AM.