CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 01-19-2004, 05:13 AM   #1
Gunther

Profile:  
A couple of months ago there was a discussion about the benchmark workouts in the crossfit journal. It was about the angie - barbara - chelsea - diane - elizabeth - fran workouts.

I was thinking of using only these 6 workouts for a couple of weeks instead of following the "normal"wod.

I was thinking of combining the body weight workouts with the next day one of the weights workouts and using a 2 days on one day of routine or just the 3 - 1 ratio.

eg. angie - diane rest barbara - elizabeth - rest chelsea - fran rest or
angie - diane - barbara - rest and then elizabeth - chelsea - fran

What would you think of it. Should I just stick to the wod as these (above)workouts are frequently used but there is more variety using the wod or should I give this a try.

Has anyone maybe ever done only these workouts?
Old 01-19-2004, 09:44 AM   #2
Roy

Profile:

Wow. angie, barbara, chelsea, diane, elizabeth and fran for a few weeks? You're a real player! j/k.

Sound like an interesting plan. A few weeks would benefit, but I think your body would get use to it after that.

Maybe try a 3 day angie-barbara-chelsea, rest, 3 day regular WOD, rest, 3 day diane elizabeth fran, rest, 3 day regular WOD, etc. hmmmm. This sounds interesting. Perhaps I should try it. I've been making up my own WOD's a lot. Im gonna follow the WOD strictly for a while. I think theres a lot of options. Infinite, in fact. I've never done only these workouts. I think I've only done 3 of those. If you try these only, let us know how it goes for you.

Cheers

Roy
Old 01-19-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Gunther,

Another option would be to use the tests presented in the April 2003 Crossfit Journal (Crossfit Fitness Test I). It offers a wider range of exercises (bench press, muscle ups, L pull-ups, 800m sprints, clean & jerk) and sets some pretty high standards as far as scoring goes. You could use these exclusively or maybe alternate weeks between 'The Girls' and the Fitness Test.

Just a thought,

Ryan
Old 01-20-2004, 05:24 AM   #4
Gunther

Profile:  
Hi Ryan, thanks for your advice, sadly I do not have the april issue. Using these tests also sounds very interesting. These tests are that the "fight gone bad" and one I saw once by roaming through the "older" wod's that was with the tabata interval's? If yes, I have to roam them again to find them.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:05 AM   #5
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Hey Gunther,

The Crossfit Fitness Test and the Fight Gone Bad are two different routines. The Fitness Test used to be available at http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/21/903.html (there's a link to a PDF file in the last post of this thread). I couldn't get the link to work, however. The small amount of money it would cost for the back issue would be a worthy investment, in my opinion. I'd provide the information, but I feel it would unfair to those who have already paid for the issue and to Coach (he's already given us so much good stuff for free anyway). OK, I'm done preaching now.

Hope this helps,

Ryan
Old 01-20-2004, 10:36 AM   #6
Gunther

Profile:  
I agree about buying some back issues. I bought some already and the information is just great. First have to make sure I really do not have this one bought already.
I can't get the link to work neither. I have a question about the test. Is it one test that is repeated every day again or are it 5 different tests.
the test is that the one you can see on the following link. (found it on archives of 2003, see saturday)

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-archives/Archived_workouts/arc_jan_03/today030117_20. html

thanks again for replying.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:21 PM   #7
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Hi Gunther,

The Crossfit Fitness Test consists of 5 different tests performed in as many days. The Crossfit Challenge that you provided a link for is (I think) the same routine as Tabata This. Besides containing the Crossfit Fitness Test, the April issue contains the Crossfit warm-up routine and an article on pull-up technique.

Hope this helps,

Ryan
Old 01-21-2004, 06:46 AM   #8
Gunther

Profile:  
Hey Ryan,

thanks for your tips, bought the issue and I am glad I did. Again a lot of great information inside.