CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
Benji Whitehead

Profile:
first day attempting zone

i decided last night/this morning that i'd try this zone for a while. i read up on it last night but didn't really know what i was getting involved in. i tried to do the best i could at work today, then at lunch i bought 'mastering the zone' and 'zone food blocks' for $5 a piece at the used book store. anyway, here's what i've eaten up to this point:
http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJourn...Owner=bennyG19
(work/family safe)

i think i'm done for the day, but if i need to eat more i can do it

about me:

crossfit 4 days a week, swim one day a week for 20 minutes (my wednesdays are short on time so I swim). I've been doing crossfit since jan '07. up until now i've been eating like an obese moron. i weigh about 195, i'm 5'10", 27 yoa, male... I think i need to eat 17 blocks a day for a while and see how that goes. i used to weigh about 240, then i went on south beach diet and did lots of HIIT to drop down to 185, since finding crossfit i've gained a little weight but i'm in much better physical condition. the problem is i'm getting a spare tire. i go all-out on the crossfit, but i also go all-out on food. i let myself forget that diet is just as important. anybody got any tips? did i do okay for my first day? did i eat enough or too much?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Alix Clark

Profile:
Re: first day attempting zone

Hey Benji
How's your Zone stuff going - I'm kinda starting today. Doing eyeballing 1/3 and 2/3 on the plate as teh whole blocks thing is a bit much for me just now. Interested to hear how you're finding it.
best
a
Old 04-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
Tony Sutton

Profile:
Re: first day attempting zone

I think your heading in the right direction. What I found when I started was that it will get more fine tuned the more you get into the idea if that makes sense. Personally motivation for me is results and how you feel. You can still eat great food in the zone and plus you have so much more energy.

I don't have any of the books but I use zonediet.com a lot for questions and recipes.