CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-07-2006, 08:03 AM   #1
John Fox

Profile:
Ok I'm currently working out 6 days on with sundays off. I'm eating a zone paleo diet (as close as i can anyways) but I want to add one day of warrior diet into my week and use that meal to eat some complex carbs. Not as a cheating day but to hopefully get more BF loss and muscle gain out of it. Is this a good idea? Should I do it on saturday after my last workout of the week or on Sunday my rest day? Also is it important to make sure I consume all 14 blocks I would normally intake in a day? Please let me know what you guys think. All the advice you guys give me on here is awsome and I really appreciate it.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
Mark Konen

Profile:
What you are proposing isn't Warrior Diet. It isn't something you do with blocks, carbo loading or for a day. Are you sure you aren't talking about intermittent fasting? For guidelines for what the WD is (and isn't, go to www.warriordiet.org
Old 07-08-2006, 06:10 AM   #3
John Fox

Profile:
oh i guess i better look into this a little more then thanks.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #4
Pierre Auge

Profile:
John,
if you are considering using a fasting day once a week try this. Eat your meal at around 06:30pm and make it zone specific. Don't carb load, unless you plan to run a marathon soon after I don't see this helping you lean out. Try fasting all day until supper time and eat that meal. This I think will meet your goals. I do something similar every rest day!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #5
John Fox

Profile:
thanks for the input Pierre. Should I consume all of the blocks I would normally consume in a whole day(14), a lower amount of blocks (ie 10 blocks instead of my usual 14), or just my normal 4 block dinner.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #6
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Consume your total daily blocks or something slightly hypocaloric like say 8-12 blocks. I mean to say use your judgement on the block count. Eat alot but don't make yourself puke! And if you want the entire 14 block count give yourself about a 4 hour consumption window. Since your goal is to lean out anyway. Thats a big meal but I can usually put that down in one sitting fairly easily! As long as the right food choices are made. I hope that helps.

(Message edited by brutebsd on July 12, 2006)