CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 12-03-2004, 06:44 AM   #11
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Hi Mark,

Welcome to Crossfit!

Talked to Adam Palmer on the phone last night. He told me about your enthusiasm regarding your first experiences with Crossfit. Glad to hear about it. We're scheduling some MMA training together during break. If you're interested, why don't you drop by and we can do the WOD or something similar afterwards? You have an open invitation to visit anytime, Mark.

Ryan
www.crossfitracine.com
Old 12-03-2004, 09:59 AM   #12
Travis Mulroy

Profile:
Mark,

I also have a very strong inclination for fried food and beer. I'm also from Milwaukee originally... coincidence? Anyway, I find that the WOD builds mental toughness that transfers well to all aspects of life, making one able to resist these unhealthy temptations. Keep it up. This is an amazingly beneficial website.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:16 PM   #13
mark ledesma

Profile:  
Ryan --

Yes, I talked to Adam last night too. As you know he is the one who referred me here. I just finished today's WOD and I'm glad tomorrow is a rest day but I get more pumped about this as time goes on.

It's amazing how fast these workouts develop your strength... when I was just doing stuff like bench and shoulder press, I felt the muscles individually getting stronger in these narrow ranges, but now I feel like they are all getting stronger together, in huge ranges.. functional strength?

Count me in for some workouts at your gym. Website looks excellent. I just have to work out some transportation issues. (Racine's quite a hike for me.)

I will be in touch.

-ML