CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
Daniel Krull

Profile:
Arrow anybody selling a dynamax 20 lb ball?

anybody selling a dynamax 20 lb ball? I'm just trying to find a good deal. If anybody can help me out then that would be great! Thanks.

P.S. I'm tired of my 22 lb home-made ball always wanting to beat me up instead of helping me. That thing is a rock (not literally)!
Old 07-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
Rich Sarcomo

Profile:
Re: anybody selling a dynamax 20 lb ball?

I'm interested in hearing this too.

Especially since Garage Gym kept delaying the release of their branded ball and now removed it from the site entirely. And the CFF ball is smaller and apparently gets lopsided easily.

There are a few sites that list the Dynamax ball and say "ships in 3-4 weeks", but not sure how accurate that is given rumors of shortages and discontinuance.

Anyone have 20 lb Dynamaxes in stock and ready to ship?
Old 07-25-2009, 06:47 AM   #3
William Henniger

Profile:

Any site that lists a shortage of Dynamax med balls would be incorrect. We carry all sizes 4-20 Black with Gray at all times. We ship them for free within 24 hours.

Over a year ago there was a shortage but that has long since been fixed with an additional assembly line.

We offer the free shipping on the custom color med balls as well, they are averaging 5-7 Business days to ship. Again the black with gray ship within 24 hours!

Anyone that has been to our facility in Columbus can tell you we have a ton of them!! So if you want the original American Made Med Ball, we have them!

Thanks,

Bill
Old 07-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
Rich Sarcomo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Henniger View Post
Any site that lists a shortage of Dynamax med balls would be incorrect. We carry all sizes 4-20 Black with Gray at all times. We ship them for free within 24 hours.

Over a year ago there was a shortage but that has long since been fixed with an additional assembly line.

We offer the free shipping on the custom color med balls as well, they are averaging 5-7 Business days to ship. Again the black with gray ship within 24 hours!

Anyone that has been to our facility in Columbus can tell you we have a ton of them!! So if you want the original American Made Med Ball, we have them!

Thanks,

Bill

Will be ordering from Rogue later this weekend.

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
Chad Chisholm

Profile:
Wink Re: anybody selling a dynamax 20 lb ball?

My husband and I stopped by dynamax ball and found it to be a great experience. We met Rick who showed us how the balls where made and demoed additional uses for the medicine ball (ballistic movements). Rick takes care in sewing the medicine balls himself and pride in the finished product. While we were there he also showed us some knock-offs that just didn't hold up. I would recommend that you make a good investment and buy a dynamax ball from Dynamax. Its good to support those who have passion for fitness/ human performance.
Alicia
Old 07-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #6
Aaron Cawley

Profile:

i have the benefit of being able to workout with rick and jim from dynamax. they are great guys and very knowledgable. if you talked to jim about a 20lb ball, he would more than likely convince you not to buy one. he would probably explan that 20lbs is far too much weight for wall-ball to be performed correctly at high reps. he told me that the nba uses that exercise to train for 3 point shots with a 6lb ball. at that weight you are able to explode out of the squat every time.he showed me some very good exercises to be done with the heavier balls, but they weren't wall-ball. just my two cents.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Rich Sarcomo

Profile:

The wife just ordered the Med Ball and Rogue Rings from Rogue. Unfortunately she placed them as two separate orders, though I guess it doesn't matter that much since the med ball looks like shipping is included.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #8
William Henniger

Profile:

It won't matter, they will both go out today!