CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 12-29-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
Eric Simpson

Profile:
Going into recruit training...should I up my blocks?

Im starting my Firefighter recruit training one week today and I was wondering what I should do with my diet?

Im currently 5'11, 176 about 10-11% BF. Im on a self perscribed 19 block Zone Diet. I try to eat paleo most of the time, but I include oats/sweet potatoes PWO when I do CFE bike work (2-3 times a week).

My training will be pretty physical. PT every morning ranging from running stairs to a 5k run. Then were outside all day doing practical training rasing ladders, going in the burn tower, etc.

Should I keep my blocks the same as perscribed and up the fat or keep them the same?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-29-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
Nick Repertorio

Profile:
Re: Going into recruit training...should I up my blocks?

Try it with your 19 blocks now, and see see what your body tells you. If you feel run down and you need more "juice" going up from 2x-5x fat could give you that juice you need. Check out a piece Robb Wolf did for Performance Menu called 42 Ways to Skin the Zone if you don't have it already...
http://www.performancemenu.com/zen/i...products_id=58 (wfs)
Talks about how to tweak the zone to meet certain needs, really good stuff.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
James Compora

Profile:
Re: Going into recruit training...should I up my blocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Simpson View Post
Im starting my Firefighter recruit training one week today and I was wondering what I should do with my diet?

Im currently 5'11, 176 about 10-11% BF. Im on a self perscribed 19 block Zone Diet. I try to eat paleo most of the time, but I include oats/sweet potatoes PWO when I do CFE bike work (2-3 times a week).

My training will be pretty physical. PT every morning ranging from running stairs to a 5k run. Then were outside all day doing practical training rasing ladders, going in the burn tower, etc.

Should I keep my blocks the same as perscribed and up the fat or keep them the same?

Thanks in advance!
Well i have done my fire training. And if your PT sessions are anything like mine. I dont really think you will need much more than 19 blocks, maybe double the fat. I would take more food incase you feel to rundown for the rest of class. That was the only problem for me was right after i felt burnt out. But that was only right after and it was before i started crossfit. You should be fine at 19 or 20