CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
Matthew Heidt

Profile:  
I am a SEAL Reservist and I just got back from 2 weeks in Coronado where I discovered that everybody is doing crossfit. Now that I'm back home, I was wondering if there are any crossfitters in my neck of the woods. I'm living in Santa Clarita these days so if anyone is getting smoked like cheap crack around here, let's pass the pipe!
Old 03-22-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
Neal Dickey

Profile:
I'm in Canoga Park if you want to make the drive down. Also, Valley Crossfit is in Van Nuys.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
Matthew Heidt

Profile:  
I saw that Van Nuys group on the affiliates site. I just don't see driving down the 405 during the afternoon on a weekday as a fun time! I try to make it to church on Sunday morning so I guess I'm at a loss with respect to Valley Crossfit.

So Neal, how is CF going after six months? I see you registered about that long ago? I did my first WOD this evening, and I can tell that this is no regular circuit PT.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:50 AM   #4
Neal Dickey

Profile:
It's going great, thanks! I'm processing with the LA City Fire Dept. and it made my CPAT test a breeze. Finished with about 2 minutes to spare.

Strength is up, endurance is way up, body fat down. This is a fantastic program!

If you're a morning guy, you're more than welcome to join me. I usually train around 6AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:22 PM   #5
Steve Serrano

Profile:
Matt! You're still in! Drop me an e-mail if you're going to be around HB sometime. Stop by our place for a WOD. http://crossfitmarina.com Hope the NR OST thing is still working for you. Take care and welcome to CF.

Stevo
Old 03-23-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
Matthew Heidt

Profile:  
Neal, thanks, but my time is in the evenings after the kids are in the rack. I will try to catch one of those Sundays in Van Nuys.

Steve, Yeah, I'm still around. At the risk of compromising OPSEC, I'll just say that things at OST look like they might come full circle before long. Making the last 3 years of mindless BS completely unnecessary. Imagine that!

It is good to hear from you though, bro. Glad to hear you haven't parked yourself on the couch and become an alcoholic since your retirement! I'm digging CF because it's crazy and unpredictable just like the Teams.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:55 AM   #7
Neal Dickey

Profile:
I hear you on the kids. That's why I do it early, it's the only time I get to myself.